Iron supplement+Breastfeeding

KarenLV

Reaction score
So,I will be starting solids tommorow when Skyler is 6 months old.I read that from this age on babies also needs iron supplement as the natural amount in their bodies would be finished by now.What foods (that can be pureed) are rich in iron?I heard prune juice is high in iron but can you give that to a baby?Advice please!

I have decided to continue breastfeeding until he is totally on solids and does not need my milk anymore.I dont see the need to introduce formula now.

Meat (chicken legs have higher iron content than breast), oily fish and pulses, and some cereals have high amounts of iron (I think Ready Brek contains iron supplements too).

Lentils are good for boiling with veg before you start introducing meat, and vitamin C helps with iron absorption. I wouldn't give too much prune juice as it can have a laxative effect.

Good luck with the solids! x

P.S. I love your avatar!!

Are there any jarred food that has iron in it?Or maybe some kind of syrup?Am still new to all of this and scared of giving meat to him....Can I give orange juice for vit.c?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->