Ironing baby clothes

Smile181c

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I go on maternity leave next week so plan to start washing all of the baby clothes but I was wondering - will anyone be ironing babygrows before you put them away? (not sure what they're called outside of the UK! Sleepsuits maybe?)

My nesting is a bit out of control so I think I probably will lol but I was just wondering whether it's a bit weird! :haha:

Oh my gosh, no. I've never ironed a single item of children's clothing ever. It's a rare day when I iron any of my own clothing (work from home, unless I have a meeting, no one sees me all day except for couriers coming to deliver things). If things are washed and put away and everyone has at least something clean to wear that day, I consider it a success!

I did, didn't even occur to me that it might be weird lol It made me happy ironing all his little things xxx

Oh my gosh, no. I've never ironed a single item of children's clothing ever. It's a rare day when I iron any of my own clothing (work from home, unless I have a meeting, no one sees me all day except for couriers coming to deliver things). If things are washed and put away and everyone has at least something clean to wear that day, I consider it a success!

:rofl: I usually take this view as well but like I said my nesting is ridiculous right now! I would really rather not be stood at an ironing board ironing things like babygrows but the thought of putting them away without ironing them is making me feel antsy :haha:

I didn't last time but I have ironed everything this time. I don't think it's essential though, I'm just a bit obsessed with ironing! :haha:

I LOVE ironing little people things (and tbh don't mind ironing in general) so I ironed everything including vests and muslins!! :wacko: I am definitely weird :haha: It is all folded and away now in the the drawers & wardrobe!

Ok I've never ironed muslins but now I want to :rofl:

I haven't washed any of them because I know how crinkled they go when they're dry! They're gonna have to be ironed too :haha:

They do go all small and crinkled and it is so satisfying after ironing them and then I have rolled them and put them into a muslin holder (yes I am mad!) also ironed moses basket sheets, cot linen basically anything I could iron I did :wacko:
I was so happy once it was all looking nice and put away :haha:

Oh my gosh, no. I've never ironed a single item of children's clothing ever. It's a rare day when I iron any of my own clothing (work from home, unless I have a meeting, no one sees me all day except fdor couriers coming to deliver things). If things are washed and put away and everyone has at least something clean to wear that day, I consider it a success!

<--What she said!

LOL definitely not ironing a thing! You need to eat a pizza and take a nap!

:haha: twag, a muslin holder?! I never even knew such a thing existed haha!

Pizza and napping is also high on my to do list for mat leave :haha:

:haha: it isn't specifically a holder for muslins as such it attaches to the side of the cot and like a tidy thing but it is 8 pockets and basically if I roll up the ironed muslins I can fit 2 in each pocket and they are in a nice handy position :thumbup:

I am a little odd when it comes to the nursery & now my sons room as everything has a place and I like it all away nicely including ironing the little clothes so they are nicely folded & put away!

My drawers etc are a little different all ironed but no where near as organised :haha:

Once my Mat leave starts I am looking forward to spending some time with my son but also going around some shops etc working full time I just do not get the chance to do that and avoid the shops at weekends as it is also so busy!

pizza & napping sounds good tho :thumbup:

Aw that sounds nice :) I don't have anything like that! :haha:

I'm exactly like you with the kids bedrooms that everything has it's place! My mum offered to tidy Max's room for me the other day and I had to decline in case she put anything back wrong! :dohh:

I'm looking forward to washing all of my cloth nappies and getting those sorted too (though I obviously know not to iron those haha)

Yes I have washed all of my cloth nappies and they are all away as well (not I didn't iron them either :haha:)

The only thing I have left to do is pack our hospital bags and get the car seat ready :thumbup:
I feel like I nested too soon :haha:

You're so organised! :haha:

My changing bag is being delivered today so I'm hoping that's big enough to double up as baby's hospital bag :) we'll see though. I have all the bits I need I just need to put them in the bag :dohh:

I'll be honest I iron everything lol I just love the neat and tidy look after I've ironed x

I ironed but only cos I did it about 8 weeks ago when I could still bend over and I was bored LOL If I were doing it now I wouldn't be caught dead ironing it.

What's an iron? :p
The only items we do here are dh's work shirts, that's it!

Ive ironed everything which belongs to baby - muslin cloths, clothes, bibs! Lol. I did it around 35-36 weeks when my maternity started, and I love seeing her draws all nice and tidy & organised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->