Irrational Fears????

MMalcomb224

Reaction score
I am 30 weeks pregnant and I am keeping myself up at night worrying about my little girl inside me. Somedays she is so active and then other days she hardly moves at all. At my last doctors appt. on the 1st she is growing right on track and her heartbeat was strong. I just get so worried and I find myself poking at her trying to make her move....and probaby waking her up! Last night got maybe 3 hours of sleep because she was not active. I do my counting (10 movements in an hour morning and night) and that is always normal.

Does anyone else have the fear of their baby not being okay in their tummy when they are not as active? Am I being silly and over protective already. I am a first time Mom..... :)

Thanks for the feedback in advance!!

Yep me!! I panic if i dont feel her for a while and i try nd focus on her but find I actually dismiss the little movements she is making because im so panicked lol! I rang l and d the other day bcos i hadnt felt her in 2 hrs and the mw said so long as uv had ten movements today then im happy lol xxx

I just ate an orange and she is moving around now....I think I eat more because I want to feel her move. At least that is what I am telling myself!!!:happydance:

I just cannot wait for her to get here so I can hold her and see!!

me too... :blush:

many times I have used my doppler in the early hours of the morning because I am worried - then I usually wake her by prodding her in the head!

me too... :blush:

many times I have used my doppler in the early hours of the morning because I am worried - then I usually wake her by prodding her in the head!

that sounded awful reading it back..!!

i only prod her in the head by accident!

HA; I got what you mean and I do the same thing. I have one of those fetel heart rate things but I can NEVER hear her and it freaks me out more!!!

I was thinking I was the only one and it drives me nuts, when I get up at night to use the loo I will jump back in bed and I would normally get a couple of kick and back off to sleep we go but when he doesn't kick me I will stay awake poking, moving and wobbling my tummy till I get a decent movement and that can take hours. I think about it all day and im always pokinf for some type of reassurance

This is my 3rd baby and I still worry, there will be days when I am so busy that I freak out "did I feel her move at all today" and then I will lay there hoping to feel her move, but sometimes she's sleeping. I don't have a doppler I have a feeling that would freak me out if I couldn't find heartbeat....

I do all the time, but my first WAS gone at 27 weeks, so I wouldn't call it irrational on my part. When the boys are quiet I get worried, but we also get checked carefully every week. 10 more weeks to go and they'll be out.

I freak out at times but ill watch my belly and sometimes I see movements that I really don't even feel! So I just tell myself that at this point I've become so accustomed to the movement that its not always noticeable. She's slowed down a lot but then I'll randomly get a night when she decides to put on a show and break dance inside lol. I agree, though, wish I could SEE that she was okay and hear her breathing. I'm sure ill worry more but it seems like it won't be as bad once I can hold her in my arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->