irregular bleeding on copper coil

blinkybaby

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had a coil fitted at the end of September and 2 days later my period came on the 30th September.

I woke up this morning and I have what feels like another period, so that's only 3 weeks between periods? Is this normal on the copper coil? It's non hormonal so I wasn't expecting it because I have always been regular. I felt like I ovulated a week ago as well, I can tell the symptoms.

So is this a period or just irregular bleeding, what do you guys think? Wasn't expecting this on the copper coil at all.

Any experiences or advice is very welcome!

Thanks xx

it could be either or. The copper coil isn't hormonal but it does cause changes in the chemistry of your womb and lining etc, i would see what the bleeding turns into and then if it happens again next cycle see you doctor and ask him about it. It can be hard to know what is the coil and what is just your body changing naturally. What contraception were u using before the coil ? coz that can have an impact. Your cycles are influenced by alot of factors so i wouldn't jump straight to assuming its the coil. Stress, diet, sleep patterns, weight loss can all effect your cycle timing as well as getting older (i mean we get older second after second).

If you are really concerned then see your doctor just to check everything is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->