Irregular Contractions...

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Am having (very) irregular, but painful cramps and contractions. At what point would you guys ring the hospital? Or would you wait a few hours to see if they ease off?

I saw the MW yesterday and she said everything was fine, LOs heartbeat was fine and she was only 2/5ths engaged so I feel that I'd be silly to go in. She even said 'with 3/5ths palpable you've probably got awhile to go'. LO hasn't moved either from yesterday, so I haven't felt her drop further or anything.

I've tried paracetamol, a bath, my ball and some tea and it's not helped yet. In fact I'd almost say its got worse in the past hour. I'm also lactating a lot more than usual to the point where I'm soaking breast pads and I'm very nauseous.

I know that irregular contractions don't mean anything though and that say regular ones are the ones to look for.

Since you are before term, I would call right now to see what's going on... if you were term, the nurse I had told me to stay at home for as long as you comfortably could... x

I guess it depends on how long theyve been going on for hun, if its been hours and hours it'd be worth popping in a call to the mw just to be on the safe side

i went into labour last time i was 3/5ths, when they get too much call them they'll advise you when to go in.

i'd call her hun, i know they usually say to call if you are having symptoms like that before 37 weeks x x

Definitely call. No harm in calling. Better to be safe than sorry! x

I've had another bath and am trying the ball again.Haven't called yet. I just feel like since I saw a MW yesterday it'd be silly to ring. I told her I'd be having period like cramps and she said it's normal, but they are definitely more sore now. Nothing near to what proper contractions would be like though (else I wouldn't be on here!).

ive been getting period like cramps today but seriously if you are worried or think u are in labour you needto ring the mw. your under 37 weeks so they will check you over.

It doesn't matter what happened yesterday....you need to be double checked as you aren't due for nearly 5 weeks yet.

I had a cervical scan at 35wks while preggers with Lauren....

"yes, fine long and closed"

they said....I gave birth to her a few hours later:rofl:

Luckily she was absolutely fine but at 35wks you should really get checked out. As they're irregular but hurting, it could be a urine infection which needs treating asap when pregnant:hugs:

Hope you're ok:hug:

i think you should ring them now to be honest, it doesnt matter that you saw your MW yesterday things have changed now and you are not term so best not leave it hun, hope the pains stop and LO stays put xxx

I've had another bath and am trying the ball again.Haven't called yet. I just feel like since I saw a MW yesterday it'd be silly to ring. I told her I'd be having period like cramps and she said it's normal, but they are definitely more sore now. Nothing near to what proper contractions would be like though (else I wouldn't be on here!).

Please call in or go get checked

I saw my doctor the thursday before I delivered and we had been joking for weeks before whether I would be seeing him the next week... This time like all the others before he said yes, no doubt... well ... friday my water started leaking and saturday I was having mild contractions... So as much as they tell you, things can change fast.

Just checking to see if you went/called in to get checked out. Hope everything goes well I won't be around tommorow to see so good luck.

I called, but pains thankfully eased off after midnight, so I ended up not going in. I really don't want LO coming before her due date! Thanks girls for the posts - it's so hard when you feel something to know if it's normal or not and it helps to talk to people who've been through it. :hugs:

If it happens again I'll ring and go in as it was pretty damn sore and I'm pre term. The things I've read on the net say that irregular contractions are normal before labour, and can occur weeks beforehand as the body gets ready for regular ones.

The joys of third tri, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->