Irregular cycles after weaning ?

MrsKA

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I got my first AF back once my baby weaned herself off me on the 9th of October (CD1), so i'm sitting here currently 3 days late ... Did anyone experience longer cycles after their AF resumed when they had stopped feeding ?

Mine isn't weaned yet, we're still feeding 3-4 times per day, but my cycles returned about 5 1/2 months pp.

The first couple were really wonky. I spotted for about 8 days, my cycle was like 20 days long, then the next one I bled for 3 days and the cycle was only 16 days long, then I had a normal AF but my cycle stretched out to 36 days. I ovulated on weird days, and my luteal phase was all over the place. 3 days, 6 days, 9 days, etc... I took vitamin b6 and b12, and it finally stabilized around 13/14 days after a cycle or two.

It's perfectly normal, your body is just trying to get back into the swing of things. It may take a few cycles but it'll figure it out! You can try taking a vitamin B complex or even vitex if you're really bothered by it, but it should work itself out after awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->