Irregular cycles and pregnant????

OneLove526

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I can not WAIT to be in this forum :) But, I wanted to know if any of you had irregular cycles and had success conceiving naturally or otherwise.

I have had blood work done which came back normal. No real explanation about my irregular cycles. My mom had irregular cycles as did my grandma and they both had children just fine.

By irregular cycles, I mean 35 days, 59 days, and 41 days so far. DH and I are on cycle #2 of TTC.

Any thoughts? Advice? Good vibes?

Thanks ladies!!!!

Erm long cycles mean your ovulating irregular or not at all

I would suggest taking natural stuff eg b6 50 mg etc see if they do ought and if not I would goto your docter & ask for clomid or something similar

My friend has very Irregular cycles like 2-3 periods a year she has has 4 babies in space of 5 years xxx

I don't really have cycles, though caused by breastfeeding. I've only ovulated 5 times in the last 4 years and conceived 4 of those times (the other time I didn't DTD around ovulation). DS was conceived on my first post partum ovulation, which was 12.5 months after giving birth to DD.

I'd suggest learning all about cervical mucus. When you get mucus that looks fertile start taking OPK's. DTD every 36 hours when you have fertile looking mucus. Temping also helps in confirming ovulation.

So you don't need to ovulate often, you just need to have sex at the important times.

I had terribly irrregular cycles when I started ttc go figure lol and sometimes annovulatory cycles (no ovulation at all). I started taking vitex and ovulated on cd 14 my first cycle on it. I'm sure it's not always that amazing for everyone but it sure helped me. A b-complex helped my luteal phase too. Read up on them both and see what you think and if you want to try them.

I had very irregular cycles before having my DD, ranging 33-54 days, It took 10.5mths, 8 cycles, to conceive her, I used a clearblue fertility monitor for 7 cycles, they went quite regular after she was born 28-30 days, and got pregnant first cycle this time!

I have very irregular cycles (anywhere from 28 to 60+) and the whole first year of ttc I tried so many things. I charted cm and bbt made sure we dtd at the right times. I tried vitex and fertilaid with no success. I had also had testing done and everything came back normal. I pretty much have up on everything and just decided to dtd whenever and what will be will be. We tried for just shy of two years before getting our BFP. It's harder with irregular cycles, but not impossible. Good luck to you.

I had terribly irrregular cycles when I started ttc go figure lol and sometimes annovulatory cycles (no ovulation at all). I started taking vitex and ovulated on cd 14 my first cycle on it. I'm sure it's not always that amazing for everyone but it sure helped me. A b-complex helped my luteal phase too. Read up on them both and see what you think and if you want to try them.

I am using vitex as well. The most noticeable immediate change is in my CM- much more general wetness and I've had several days of watery CM. I'm optimistic and taking that as a good sign. We shall see! What were your cycles like when you were TTCing? Long or short? Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Erm long cycles mean your ovulating irregular or not at all

I would suggest taking natural stuff eg b6 50 mg etc see if they do ought and if not I would goto your docter & ask for clomid or something similar

My friend has very Irregular cycles like 2-3 periods a year she has has 4 babies in space of 5 years xxx

I figured I was ovulating irregularly or sometimes not at all. I am attempting the all natural route before going to clomid. My mom and grandma had irregular cycles and conceived in short amounts of time naturally. I am on cycle #2 of TTC right now and I'm taking vitex 3x daily, prenatal+DHA, zinc, and flaxseed oil. I am also going to start acupuncture in January for fertility just to help my body relax and prepare. That is great to hear about your friend! What a blessing to have that many children :) Thanks for the reply!

I have very irregular cycles (anywhere from 28 to 60+) and the whole first year of ttc I tried so many things. I charted cm and bbt made sure we dtd at the right times. I tried vitex and fertilaid with no success. I had also had testing done and everything came back normal. I pretty much have up on everything and just decided to dtd whenever and what will be will be. We tried for just shy of two years before getting our BFP. It's harder with irregular cycles, but not impossible. Good luck to you.

That is so wonderful that after so much effort, you were still able to conceive naturally. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am actually trying vitex right now. I've already noticed an increase in general wetness and have had watery CM. Fingers crossed that this might push things along. I daydream about getting a :bfp:

I had very irregular cycles before having my DD, ranging 33-54 days, It took 10.5mths, 8 cycles, to conceive her, I used a clearblue fertility monitor for 7 cycles, they went quite regular after she was born 28-30 days, and got pregnant first cycle this time!

That is great to hear!!! I've heard people say that their cycles become more normal after pregnancy and childbirth. I hope that's the case for me sometime soon :) What is the difference between a fertility monitor and OPKs in your opinion? Thanks for the reply!

Mine are super irregular. Sometimes no period for 60 days or so. I never used anything at all to become pregnant, not even preseed or anything. It took 1 yr for my daughter to be conceived and about 5 months this time but I was breastfeeding till about 2 months ago and didnt have periods because of that for 16 months, so really, it was much quicker. I say just relax and do your thing and it will happen if Dr. already said that everything else is ok.

I had crazily irregular cycles for about four months in the lead up to when I conceived. The month I did conceive we only did it in the first 9 days of my cycle and when I went for my scan at 8+1 I was measuring 9, so I think I conceived within the first week of my cycle. So what I am trying to say is, if you have irregular cycles, just make sure you are doing it often as you're ovulation timings will probably be off. My :bfp: was a big surprise!

That is great to hear!!! I've heard people say that their cycles become more normal after pregnancy and childbirth. I hope that's the case for me sometime soon :) What is the difference between a fertility monitor and OPKs in your opinion? Thanks for the reply!

Fertility monitor will show you high fertility and peak fertility days, it takes the guess work out of reading sticks but it can become expensive as you won't know how long your cycle will be. It is better suited if your cycles are 42 days or less.

I had crazily irregular cycles for about four months in the lead up to when I conceived. The month I did conceive we only did it in the first 9 days of my cycle and when I went for my scan at 8+1 I was measuring 9, so I think I conceived within the first week of my cycle. So what I am trying to say is, if you have irregular cycles, just make sure you are doing it often as you're ovulation timings will probably be off. My :bfp: was a big surprise!

DH and I are BDing every other day for now :) Aside from that, I am taking vitex in an attempt to help regulate. Were your cycles short, long, or both?

They were as short as 27 days and as long as 41 days. The cycle before I got pregnant I had a 41 day cycle with only a two day period that followed! Lots of baby :dust: to you

I manged twice! I used to only get about 3 periods a year. It did take 8 years to get Thomas though. Sophie took one night. I now have a regular period...still long cycles but about every 6.5 weeks which is crazy for me. I can't imagine bleeding every 28 days, ugh!

My cycles were very irregular when ttc DD. Anything up to 65 days long. I had a lot of tests done but got no answers. I fell pg naturally after 18 months so it can happen xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->