irregular period after implanon removal

jessndoug

Reaction score
so like everyone here me and my husband are ttc. he leaves on deployment next month and are hoping to get a :bfp: before then. I was on implanon bc for 8 month and got it removed last month;. i only had one normal period and that was on 8 July 09. and it hasnt shown up yet! i dont kno if im jumping the gun or what but im a little scared to test ive been using opk's and they are ALL bfn's. i dont kno what to do :cry:. any advise work be very helpful. Thanks ladies!!!

im sorry to hear you are having issues but i cant make you feel better..i had my implant out last august and the 18th will mark our 1 year trying. it took me until january to get AF back after removal and i still havent completely regulated. This really sucks, they didnt tell me it could take this long...uhg.

Sorry but when i got my implant out it took a few months for my periods to become regular.

I had my IUD removed in the beginning of June. my AF was late 8 days. I thought I was prego. Then July I was 5 or 6 days late again, i was still testing BFN. now its august and my AF is due today, nothing yet. I think it just takes some time to get your cycle back to normal. good luck

just re read this sorry. I thought you were talking about IUD. lol

i had it taken out 43 days ago.. no AF.. im starting to get faint bfp but im still not sure if they are evaps or not.. i would like either one.. id be happy if AF arrived now and id be happy for a bfp..

hi girls, I had the implant taken out in sept 08 and I got my bfp on 14th may this year I was 7 weeks gone already. Due to having break through bleeding i had no idea the only give away was i was feeling sick and was actually sick one day.

So it took me about 6 months to conceive. My periods were all over the place so i couldnt do much except bed lots.

Good luck ladiesx

Hi hun, I came off the implanon 13th July, as it expired 7th July. I had it in for the full 3 years and 1 week. Came on period two days later and got pregnant on the 29th July. It really is different for everyone, and I heard that you can ger pregnant without even having a period..x

Hi Jess,
I got my implanon removed on Wed 5th August after 2yrs on it and AF arrived today. I had no idea when to expect her. I'm glad she is here though - I'm taking it as a good sign that my body is adjusting to life without contraception.

I have read so much on falling pregnant after implanon and I think there is just no way to tell. Lots of people fall pg straight away, others within the average time and others longer.

Which OPKs have you been using? Have you tested every day? Is it possible you may have missed ovualtion but still dtd - if I were you I would test for pg because the 1st day of your cycle was 5 weeks ago.

XX

thanks ladies for all the responses. i have been using opk's and getting bfn's on all of them.i went to my dr yesterday and he said af should come by next week but it could be as long as a few months. is there anything you can take or do to "jump start" a period?? oh yea he gave me a pg test and it was -. what test is better for early pg the dr's or a ept?

I'm wondering when to remove implanon... how long before we want to start trying... I haven't had side affects and haven't had any periods... maybe 1 a year ago and a day of spotting this past august/sept. i've had implanon in for 1.5 years.... Thinking we may want another with the due date during summer so it fits into college program lol so our window would be aug-dec. After reading about people waiting a LONG LONG time to get a period i wonder if its wise to get it removed sooner and then go on a pill till we want to try... any suggestions??

hello, i know this thread is SUPER old.. but i just want to see if anyone will respond to me or anything! so i was on implanon for 3 years and got off it but around my 2 years of having it i started getting irregular periods and now ive been off it since june of last year so ive been off for a year then i started nuvaring till september and that didnt change anything. my cycle now range anywhere from 36-55 days i was wondering what methods did you use to get pregnant and did/ have your cycles gone back to normal (28-35 days) and how long did it take to go back to regular? me & my husband are ttc and its so hard with my cycles all over the place. ive tried ovulation tests and those just arent cutting it anymore and id ask my doctor for help but shes a birth control nazi! any advice will help me out, please & thank you so so much!!!

@burnsforbaby I am in the same boat! Been on implanon for 6 years (2 lots) and usually doubling up on contraceptive pills or injections to get my periods under control, now it's the complete opposite that I hardly get any! Removed all contraception in March 2014 and started ttc in August 2014. If I'm lucky I get a period every two months of various lengths, usually a week or longer. Just waiting on af this month as a week late (no joy) I know this thread is beyond old.. Is anyone in the same situation? It's reassuring that burnsforbaby is expecting, if you still use this site how long did it take? Ovulation kits are useless and so is tracking cm, so I'm stuck! (I take folic acid and read endless books!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->