Irregular Periods

Rin731

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
So I went on one of those websites where you can input your menstrual cycle data, and I suppose I didn't realize that I am 89 or so days late...:cry: ( I mean I knew I was LATE but not the # of days...) Sometimes I just want to give up NTNP as DH says if we have to go to the dr and really TTC he wants to wait a year or two...:dohh:

Aw Rin, I'm sorry. Were you on birth control that screwed up your cycles or has it always been irregular like that? I used to be super irregular and my longest "cycle" was several months as well. I went on birth control to regulate things and then switched to an IUD. My first year on Mirena I had no cycle whatsoever and then for some reason started getting periods again around December 2009 and then had the IUD removed last month. I only started keeping track of my cycles again about 6 months ago (writing down my CD1 on the calendar) and they seem fairly regular...29 to 32 days each month but I don't know how long that will last...

Anyway, fingers crossed you get to start your next cycle soon!

Oh and have you guys taken any fertility tests? Someone in the TTC#1 forum mentioned at-home male fertility tests. I found them on ebay.com when I searched for "male fertility tests" and I actually found a set of male and female fertility tests for the same price so if OH and I don't get our BFP this month, we're going to buy these just to make sure everything "works" before we head to the doctor's....

:hugs: to you!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. What does your doctor say about your irregular periods?

Aw Rin, I'm sorry. Were you on birth control that screwed up your cycles or has it always been irregular like that? I used to be super irregular and my longest "cycle" was several months as well. I went on birth control to regulate things and then switched to an IUD. My first year on Mirena I had no cycle whatsoever and then for some reason started getting periods again around December 2009 and then had the IUD removed last month. I only started keeping track of my cycles again about 6 months ago (writing down my CD1 on the calendar) and they seem fairly regular...29 to 32 days each month but I don't know how long that will last...

Anyway, fingers crossed you get to start your next cycle soon!
Yes! Since I was 12 an d started my period, it was at least every other month, sometimes more. Honestly....I've only had FIVE periods since December 2009!

(Then again I went through a massive breakup in Jan 2010, moved home an hour away, met my DH, moved back to the town I'd lived in before, got an apartment together, had 2 jobs and lost them, AND got married in Nov 2010, so it's been a stressful year!)

Dec 09- I think I had the :witch:
Jan 10- Nothing
Feb 10- Nothing
March 10- Morning after pill= :witch:
April 10- Nothing
May 10- Nothing
June 10- Nothing
July10- Nothing
Aug10- Nothing
Sept10- :witch: x2- after I was on the pill 2 weeks and got off due to side effects, had 2 bleeds
Oct 10- Nothing
Nov 10- :witch:
Dec 10- Nothing
Jan 10- :witch:
Feb 10- Nothing
March 10- Nothing
April....Nothing so far....

GAH!!!!! :cry: Though it LOOKED like I was getting back to "normal" in Nov-Feb, but nothing in march....
:hugs: Thanks hon. Sorry I'm so long winded. It just gets so annoying!

Oh and have you guys taken any fertility tests? Someone in the TTC#1 forum mentioned at-home male fertility tests. I found them on ebay.com when I searched for "male fertility tests" and I actually found a set of male and female fertility tests for the same price so if OH and I don't get our BFP this month, we're going to buy these just to make sure everything "works" before we head to the doctor's....

:hugs: to you!

I'll look into it, thanks!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. What does your doctor say about your irregular periods?

I don't have insurance right now, and my Dr retired anyway, but. He used to say (from when I was 12-19 and had insurance) that they would regulate themselves over time. Personally, I think that's crap, since I'm 22 this month, that's 10 YEARS of up to 5-6 months without a cycle!

I don't have insurance right now, and my Dr retired anyway, but. He used to say (from when I was 12-19 and had insurance) that they would regulate themselves over time. Personally, I think that's crap, since I'm 22 this month, that's 10 YEARS of up to 5-6 months without a cycle!

Sorry to hear about that, I don't know what you can do in that case. I've only just started NTNP so I'm not that knowledgeable, hopefully one of the other members will know what to do.

I know how u feel. This is six months and no AF for me... It is so frustrating. Hope they do regulate soon! I've had to go an get a tablet that brings ur AF on I think it starts with a p.. Massive headaches and side effects I sorta wished I waited for it now. But atleast I think she is about to show her face... Good luck !!

I know how u feel. This is six months and no AF for me... It is so frustrating. Hope they do regulate soon! I've had to go an get a tablet that brings ur AF on I think it starts with a p.. Massive headaches and side effects I sorta wished I waited for it now. But atleast I think she is about to show her face... Good luck !!

Thanks! We've been ntnp for 6 months now so it's gotten me down....

As for treatment- It all depends on $$ and insurance, and all that, but it's so frustrating. :hug:

We have never really been careful with preventing at all for about the last 2 years. I have PCOS to so that doesn't help.. I really hope you get regular and get a BFP really really soon!!

We have never really been careful with preventing at all for about the last 2 years. I have PCOS to so that doesn't help.. I really hope you get regular and get a BFP really really soon!!

You too! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->