Irregular-shaped gestational sac

AnnieMac2

Reaction score
I had an early scan at 5w3d, which I wasn't really into because we probably wouldn't see much. But I had a loss and a blood disorder and they're monitoring me closely.

The sac looked irregular. It was not round - more of a thin/long shape. Did anyone else have this? How did it turn out? Any info appreciated, good or bad. Thanks!

I have read that irregularly shaped sacs are common in early pregnancy. At my 7 week scan with this pregnancy, the sac was thin and long. By 9.5 weeks it was round and normally shaped. I wouldn't worry too much.

At my 7 week scan my sac was long and thin at one side it was like a tear drop but then at 11 weeks it all changed and formed a more circle shape, think it's just a case of being early hun xx

At 6w4d I also had a tear drop shaped sac, and baby was in the point! I've never seen anything like it and even though the doctor didn't mention anything I was sure I was going to miscarry. I'm 19 weeks today and haven't had a second scan yet, but baby is doing well and just started feeling kicks, so don't worry too much (as if that's possible) :hugs:

Here is my scan at 8 weeks but the at 11 weeks the sac shape changed x

As you can see he is snugged in right at the pointy end x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 19
Oh my god, you are all lifesavers. I am not even kidding you - I think I've only seen two people on the entire internet say things turned around for them. I mean, I wanted honest answers, but I was starting to think I had no chance at all.

I am so happy everything turned out well. Thank you for taking the time to help me! Means so much.

Your welcome hun I know it's hard especially searching the Internet as I did at first, but sonographer said sacs are shaped different then they grow with baby :) glad I could be of help too you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->