Irritable Uterus :(

mamawanabe21

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
So I’ve spent the day in hospital today :(
Yesterday I was getting Braxton hicks all day, definitely very intense. This morning, at the shop, the BHs got worse and started to feel painful - kinda of a sharp period pain. I called the midwife and was asked to go in for monitoring. By the time I got to the hospital the pain was so bad! After lots of monitoring, talking to drs and having tests, was relieved to find it wasn’t early labour. The dr said I have an irritable uterus - which means I’m having non-progressive contractions regularly and because my uterus is so inflamed, I’m getting intense pain every time my baby moves, hiccups, I get the contractions or BHs. And my tummy feels so sore examinations are very painful :(
The dr said there’s nothing they can do to help other than up my dose
Of cocodamol that I’m already on for Spd.

I’m currently lying in bed and the baby is so active I’m crying form the pain. It’s like someone is scraping my insides out with a spoon :)

I’ve been told I’ll be getting induced, will find out Thursday if it’ll be in 3weeks at 37wks or in 4 when I hit 38.
I just have to get through until then with this pain :(

No point to this post, just needed a rant because I’ve just had enough :(

Ooohh that sounds very uncomfortable, i do sympathise as i was kept in a few weekends back for the same thing. Was so relieved when told it wasn't early labour! At least you won't have to wait til 40 weeks thats really great :) x

Oh mama, that sounds absolutely awful. I'm worried I've got an irritable uterus as well, as I get BH at the slightest movement sometimes...

Keep your chin up... 3-4 weeks and baby will be a pain in your neck rather than a pain in your belly. ;)

Thanks ladies. I’ve never heard of it before so it’s kind of nice to hear I’m not alone! Did it get better for any of you?
I find out tomorrow what the plan will be. I’m just so over pregnancy now, I want her out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->