Is £350 a month enough to pay for all baby food/nappies etc?

thesmiths88

Reaction score
Hiya - wonder if anyone can help me. I've worked out (if I am lucky enough to get a :bfp: anytime soon!) that I would get around £350 a month for the first year made up of Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit, going down to around £300 after the first year. Can anyone advise me if this is enough to get all the monthly stuff you need i.e. food, nappies etc etc etc? I'm not including prams/buggies/cots etc in this as this will all be bought out of other money beforehand.

Many thanks!

OUr earnings aren't high (around £11k between us) so we get around £55 a week in tax credits. You get more in the first year of having a baby I think - another £545 a year if I remember correctly.

yeah thats wayyyy more than enough really babys dont cost as much as everyone makes out! i dont think they do anyway!

Yeah thats definitely enough! I havnt found it that expensive to be honest, not like people make out anyway

it will definitely be enough unless u have a serious baby clothes shopping addiction like myself. i can buy loads and still not spend that much each month

Lou
xxx

Thats brill thanks! I was hoping it would be but you never know do you until you ask! xx

loads of tax credits?

we get £93 per week of ctc and wtc..

this is because its only based on oh income as im on maternity allowance..

back to op question..
i spend £8 per week on luisas formula (she is currenlty on 5oz feeds 5 times a day)

nappies i have been buying a pack of boots ones (£4ish for 45) and a pack of pampers (£5.99 for about 32) a week.. i use the boots ones wen we are at home and the pampers for night time and wen we go out.

so thats about £18 per week.. ive been using the weekly child benefit to pay for these..

hope this helps

i'm a single parent on maternity leave and i get £56 a week as i'm not intitled to working tax credits as i earned too much last year!!!

I would say its enough. I think u live to ur means, and u will manage xxx

i'm a single parent on maternity leave and i get £56 a week as i'm not intitled to working tax credits as i earned too much last year!!!

you can ask them to asses you on wht you will earn this yr thts wht we did and made big diff xx

you can ask them to asses you on wht you will earn this yr thts wht we did and made big diff xx

Really? Can you do that?? We earnt just under 40k last year, but we were not a couple and so both had high costs of living apart and no savings, so we are going to struggle this year as my SMP just covers my loan and overdraft repayments, so OH's salary is basically paying fr everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->