Is 7weeks an important developement spot?

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by ttcdee, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ttcdee

ttcdee Well-Known Member

I've been reading and reading all your posts on here, and so many women have written the same thing as me.....
    10 weeks along, but baby showed 7weeks / no heartbeat.
    I've noticed alot of threads stating baby was 7 weeks only. Is there something at 7 weeks that is a major turning point?
    Any thoughts please?
    I am having a really hard time dealing with my mc as I'm sure you all are. So many questions in my head, questions I have no one to ask, questions that have no answers.

Thank you.

Denise

2. mummy2anangel

mummy2anangel Well-Known Member

so sorry youre having to go throught his hun :(, im not really sure, i lost a baby at 7 weeks in february last year and then again in october last year at 7 weeks again, i always thought the important devleopment styages were 6, 8 and 10 weeks but im not sure, thinking of you xx

3. crazylilth1ng

crazylilth1ng Well-Known Member

I never heard of 7 weeks as being anything particularly important. 6 weeks yes as the heart starts beating... It is horrible needing answers and not getting them... I am so sorry for your mc :(

4. bellamamma

bellamamma 3 with wings...

So sorry for your loss, hun. My first (mmc) was at 11 weeks with the baby at 7, same as you. Maybe it's just a point in time where the cell division goes wrong, or the body realizes it can't sustain life, unfortunately I don't think anyone knows for sure. I lost my second (mc) at 5 weeks, though.
    Big big hugs to you, and we're here if you need to talk/vent/rage...