is a year OK to start TTC after having a c section?

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Well pretty much as the title say.
I'm planning on TTC for our 3rd baby originally next January but I might TTC as early as September when my baby turns 1, so my question is it OK to start TTC after a year after a elective c section?
I had a pretty big gap between my 1st and 2nd of 9 years 2 months but this time I want a smaller gap.

Hello,

The normal guidelines (although may vary from area to area) is to wait a year to ttc after the section to make sure your body has time to heal before another pregnancy. I know there are people on here who have fell before this time though, so they may be able to advice you better. I would try and hold out until you say so that you've had a good amount of time to heal after your recent one.

Hello,

The normal guidelines (although may vary from area to area) is to wait a year to ttc after the section to make sure your body has time to heal before another pregnancy. I know there are people on here who have fell before this time though, so they may be able to advice you better. I would try and hold out until you say so that you've had a good amount of time to heal after your recent one.

Thanks for your reply.
I wouldn't try before the year was up, a year (September) definitely the earliest :)

I found out I was pregnant again just before seven months post c/s. My dr had no issues with it :)
I think a year is pretty standard but speak to your dr if you're concerned.
Good luck :)

Most doctors recommend 12-18months to give your body time to recover after csection. After my first section I fell pregnant when DS was 9months and everything went fine..this time there will be 3year gap.

Thank you for replies ladies. I think I will wait a bit to ask doctor, I try to avoid going doctors as much as possible so might wait until I need to go again for something else to it up then

Well I was pregnant.... 7 weeks after a c section! And no it wasn't an accident! Basically we had a 34 week still birth and our OB said if we wanted to try to just get on with it. she isn't the slightest bit fazed and I'm now due in 6 weeks time with no complications or concerns. A lot depends on the type of c section you had done and your OB would be able to advise. It also depends if you would be upset to have another section (I'm not) as if you want a VBAC you need 12 months after a c section in most places. Good luck!

Well I was pregnant.... 7 weeks after a c section! And no it wasn't an accident! Basically we had a 34 week still birth and our OB said if we wanted to try to just get on with it. she isn't the slightest bit fazed and I'm now due in 6 weeks time with no complications or concerns. A lot depends on the type of c section you had done and your OB would be able to advise. It also depends if you would be upset to have another section (I'm not) as if you want a VBAC you need 12 months after a c section in most places. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I'm so sorry about your still birth :(
I don't have a OB, we don't have one here in the UK, I would only have my GP (normal doctor) to speak to.
I plan to have another c section because my first child I had an awful vaginal birth so I wouldn't want to go through that again.
It was a planned c section but I ended up being put to sleep because I could still feel after having the spinal.

Sorry to hear about your traumatic c section and thankyou for your kind words.

I'm sure they would refer you to hospital care in the UK after such a traumatic c section so that hopefully they could try to plan and avoid it being the same! I hope it all goes well for you!

I became pregnant again after my CS when my son was 7 months. I was worried too that I wasn't healed enough yet. But at my first appointment my doctor reassured me that everything was fine and that I would even possibly be able to try for a vaginal (VBAC). My first was a vaginal, second was c-section. Ultimately I had a CS but with both times I had a positive experience. And believe it or not my scarf came out looking better the second time around (not that it was bad in the first place)

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"