is all boobed out.....

pcsoph2890

Reaction score
Went to a bf support group this morning - got assessed for the 3rd time for my latch and position - all of which seemed to be ok. So the support worker told me to go to the hospital to see this lactation consultant for her to check tongue tie as I'm still in pain.
She isn't TT thank goodness.
My position and latch was tweaked slightly, and she gave me a nipple shield which should help me again sore to heal better.

Plus it looks like I have ductal thrush due to the tingly lain deep in my breast I have at the moment so need to go to the drs to get us both treated, so that should solve that problem.

So I feel better knowing I'm latching and positioning good... So hopefully with the use of nipple shields I can heal and then see whether the techniques better.
I have plenty if milk as when I was squishing my nipples to get into her mouth it was squirting everywhere.

One Problem I think I do have is that I don't give her enough time on one breast to get the hind milk which fills her up for longer which means I won't have to top her up with ff.... So I should just feed her off one breast for as long as she wants, if she delatches and asks for more put her back on the same breast again to get the hind milk Instead of swapping boobs and missing that milk for her!!!!

So looking forward to putting the Toronto action, but just giving my boobs a rest until later (bed time) as they are hurting from the thrush a bit.....

And having a cracking expressing session too!!! That's after having fil over for dinner and not noticed I leaked everywhere..... 1st time I've leaked so the fenugreek must be working on me....
Brilliant!!!!

Im glad you got some help. Its worth keeping the details of all these services for future reference.

Well I'm stubborn and refuse to let it get the better of me...... I will find it enjoyable and easy as time passes.
For something that is so apparently natural - this is probably the hardest thing I have had to learn in my life so far!!!
Not sure whether I could add this onto my CV as things I've learnt or skills etc??!!

I LOVE your determination! You can do this! It's so hard at first, but I promise you it gets so much easier :hugs:

Well I'm stubborn and refuse to let it get the better of me...... I will find it enjoyable and easy as time passes.
For something that is so apparently natural - this is probably the hardest thing I have had to learn in my life so far!!!
Not sure whether I could add this onto my CV as things I've learnt or skills etc??!!

Putting it on your cv bit made me smile. I also am finding it one of the hardest things I've had to learn to do.

You are a great mama <3

I just never imagined it could/would this hard.
But I've had a good pumping session, so due another one in an hr to top up what I have expressed so far this morning, so she can have a good feed later on tonight.

Don't take her off, wait for her to come off herself before you offer the second side.

Yeah she does come off.... But how do I know that boob is done and to move over??? They never feel hard or engorged???

You're doing amazing, your determination is admiral. Just with the nipple shield, try and maybe do one feed with, one without. Yes your nipples need to heal but they also need to toughen up as well, so give them chance or you might be starting from scratch in a few days.

Well done Mumma!!

Just keep offering the same breast if she'll keep taking it. My LO has always been a one boober

Ok will do, then It she is no longer latching then is the time to offer the other boob??

If she gets a bit fussy, pick her up, wind her, walk her round the room then put on other breast, if no interest then she's probably done :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->