is anyone after the Disney Store Frozen Castle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptrump

Reaction score
I was playing around on Disney Store USA last night.

They have got the Frozen Castle in stock (and Kristoff all dolls and Christmas Olafs :cloud9:)

But if you were just wanting the castle it was £99 when available here and sold out straight away. It is $99 over there and even with the HUGE postage and custom charges, when you convert the figure from Dollars to Pounds, it works out at exactly the same £99 :thumbup:

It is worth a look as there is some amazing things on there that are not available in this Country, headphones, ornaments all sorts. I am going to do an order soon for a few bits that I know will probably never be available here

I've been eyeing up the disney store over there ;) I've been put off the castle big time though, its meant to be really flimsy and not worth it.

No way would I still pay £100 :haha: someone might want it, it is the matching family pyjamas I am tempted with, with the names on :blush:

omg what r we like :rofl:

The castle gets terrible reviews? If its the one they have in argos/littlewoods etc. It looks so flimsy

im actually really gutted that the reviews are so bad!

my 3 year old loves frozen but theres not really any toys suitable for him... he dont like playing with actual dolls but does like play sets like this so it would have been perfect!

not really going to risk such money on what sounds like to be no better quality then a pound shop toy :(

and now ive just had a look though the US disney store and really pissed off that the olaf pjs are cheaper then the UK disney store!

and now ive just had a look though the US disney store and really pissed off that the olaf pjs are cheaper then the UK disney store!

Everything is cheaper! If you look what you pay in £s it is the same in $s. take for instance I have bought the sleeping beauty figures £20 in UK and $19.95 in US! So if you do buy a few things put them in the basket, go to checkout and drag down to ship to Uk and it gives price with postage which does change to more items and then go to google and google dollars to pounds and even with custom fees it is the same price and sometimes cheaper (ps us promo codes do seem to work also) :thumbup:

How did you work out custom charges?

I could be wrong but I believe DS add it to your postage which is reason it is so high, someone may have to confirm that though :flower:

It says on the Disney website that the charges are not included and that customs will send you a bill

Yikes that could be expensive then! :nope: how can they justify their postage costs then!

Yeah Google is very vague as to how much it would cost

And I not seen how much postage is lol

It's a percentage of the total cost of the item but I can't remember the percentage :wacko: sorry I'm useless. Some things will miss the charges and others won't so it's whether you can weigh up the risk or not.

I have ordered from the disney store and the costs come in the shipping and handling, and i am tracking my parcel atm and it says custom charges paid

^ not always. If customs open your parcel youll get extra charges. Its just luck if you get picked or not.

My dad sends christmas packages from the U.S., they are usually to the value of $100 and I usually pay £20 for customs.

I think they're probably cheaper because of tax, in the USA tax isn't added until you get to the till to pay, so I assume it will be the same online - us residents probably get tax slapped on when they check out!

The castle looks cool and I considered it but the reviews to put me off. It's not something I wanted to risk for the price.

My dad sends christmas packages from the U.S., they are usually to the value of $100 and I usually pay £20 for customs.

I think they're probably cheaper because of tax, in the USA tax isn't added until you get to the till to pay, so I assume it will be the same online - us residents probably get tax slapped on when they check out!

Taxes depend on the state in the US. Here in NY we get an 8% tax (around 4% clothing, depending on county) added on at checkout but only on non-food items sold in NY so if the website is based in another state we don't pay any tax.

Parcel arrived this morning, had to pay £24.48 in custom charges

Rósa;33910949 said:
Parcel arrived this morning, had to pay £24.48 in custom charges

so about £25% then... ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads