• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is anyone else in denial??

Jcliff

Reaction score
I found out im pregnant yesterday, (multiple positive tests), I have a 7 month old daughter!! My husband and I had unprotected sex ONCE!! We had a struggle conceiving our daughter (Two early miscarriages). But this was just a complete shock. Im so not ready for another one. Im basically not considering myself pregnant until my first scan..(in 3 weeks). My pregnancy test have been getting darker, but Im still in denial about it. I feel like anything can happen. I was on progesterone with my daughter, but havent started it with this pregnancy. Im just in shock...my daughter will only be 16 months when this baby is born.:shrug:

Didn't want to read and run. I can't relate that much, this is my frst, except that we only had unprotected sex once too this cycle because of a circumstance change so it was surprising! Tried for three months before that teehee.
I understand that it's scary and I hope lots of mums on here can share there stories about two under two, there are lots of great things about having children close in age even if it can be hard :)
You have options, always. But it's only been one day since you had the shock, give yourself some time to adjust and don't try and feel anything, there is no right way to feel. You'll come to know in time what's right for your family.

Sending you :hugs: clarity and strength and I'll keep up with the thread.
xx

I understand how you are feeling I was the same when I got this bfp. I was in total shock and cried solidly for a full day. My ds was 10 months old, we had bd once only that month (didn't realise I was mid cycle) and I also had 2 previous losses before ds. In some ways I am still in slight denial even now despite a few scans. I really struggled with severe baby blues/New motherhood so am still freaking out about doing it again especially with sleep deprivation although ds is such a bad sleeper anyway.

Take your time, don't rush into things and I am sure once the shock wears off it won't seems so daunting. There are lots of 2 under 2 mum's, my mum had 3 under 2.5yrs so although it may be challenging there are lots of good things to come from it.

I understand how you are feeling I was the same when I got this bfp. I was in total shock and cried solidly for a full day. My ds was 10 months old, we had bd once only that month (didn't realise I was mid cycle) and I also had 2 previous losses before ds. In some ways I am still in slight denial even now despite a few scans. I really struggled with severe baby blues/New motherhood so am still freaking out about doing it again especially with sleep deprivation although ds is such a bad sleeper anyway.

Take your time, don't rush into things and I am sure once the shock wears off it won't seems so daunting. There are lots of 2 under 2 mum's, my mum had 3 under 2.5yrs so although it may be challenging there are lots of good things to come from it.

Thanks :) Im done testing until Monday, I will tell my husband then. :hugs:

How do you think oh will be? I was quite apprehensive about telling him but he was great about it all. Sending lots of :hugs:

I also had emcs after labour with no progression, so becoming pg soon after that too is a worry for me.

I think he will be happy :) maybe a bit stressed at first, but things will work out for us.
Ugh I just hate talking and accepting the future because it's just so unknown right now.....I could very well m/c once again. Im trying not to be happy. Im still in such denial. Its my birthday on Sunday, trying to have a good weekend, and enjoy my daughter :) I need to be her mom right now.

This one was a surprise for us, just the TWO times we dtd apparently it was when I was fertile :wacko: took me a while to come to grips with it. But now I am super excited and cannot wait!!

I wanted to wish you a happy birthday! And let you know that I completely understand how you're feeling. DH and I were worlds apart on whether we wanted another baby and if we did, what would we like the ideal age gap to be, etc. We ultimately had a good heart-to-heart and decided to NTNP that month (once LOL) 2 weeks later I got a BFP and thought I was going to cry... for good and bad reasons. Our youngest was also 7 months old at the time and my other boys were 7 years and 4 years old. I've never had babies so close in age before and it still scares me a little now. But I know we'll get through. I've been in denial, in a non-serious way, this whole time. I just can't believe we're pregnant again. Every holiday or yearly event we go to, I jokingly say, "I was pregnant at this "event" last year LOL" Hubby was great about finding out we were pregnant this time around (as he is every time). I could tell he didn't quite understand what I was telling him at first. It took a couple seconds for his heart to restart and then the smile on his face was priceless. But I'll say, I didn't really let myself believe I was pregnant until after we made it through the 1st trimester... for my own silly reasons. I don't think you're alone in your denial. Sit back and enjoy the ride and congrats! :)

Oh Hun :hugs:
My boys are 14 months apart, but ours were semi planned that way ( didnt expect it to happen SO quickly though ) my boys will be 5 and 4 this year and are just the best little mates. They do almost everything together.
It is a bit if a juggling act in the beginning and you do have your good and bad moments but its definitely a beautiful experience :)

I'm still in denial and I'm 24 weeks. This one was a surprise too. I'm have 4 aged 4 and under. I had three under 2 at one point, you cope, you will be fine, but I can related to the shock. I'm still trying to get my head around 4 children and I don't have time to dwell much on this baby as I'm so busy with my others. Hugs Hun, honestly they will all play together and it's lovely, so there are advantages to having them close in age.

I'm still in shock too! 4mc and years of trying to get my daughter then bam one drunken night! There will be 15 mths between mine, and while its hard now as dd is starting tantrums and I'm getting bigger and more tired, I'm hoping it'll pay off and they will be close and good play mates. I don't think there's ever a good age gap or right time. Good luck :hugs: x

A little! Got a faint line yesterday and a definite line today at 13 dpo. Still in shock though I knew we did everything we could. Keep imagining how a big old baby bump will look on my 4'11" frame haha

Even though we tried to get pregnant this time I still felt the same as you. I'm in denial happy but in denial. With my previous 3 children by the time I had my baby boy my girls were 3 and just barely 1. So I had 1 3 te old and 2 one and less year olds. I was a sahm with them until my 3 yr old started school. Then I worked after baby boy turned 7 months. I still regret it actually. But you can do this if will be scary you will have some stressful days but my one year old just kind of knew she was a big sister. She slept through the night after like 8 weeks. Walked at 9 months. Drank from soppy cup by 7 months. She was a moving momma!

Thanks all. Im honestly not letting myself accept the fact im pregnant until my US in a few weeks. Its so early, anything can happen. I dont want to get used to the idea of having a newborn and a 16 month old, and then it end up being a loss. I guess time will tell!

I'm still in denial! Although my body tends to remind me in days when I "forget" and overdo it! This is a surprise for us too, we were gonna ttc again when dd turns one so it's not that we didn't want another just not so soon! I'm happy about it but was shocked at first and sometimes still don't think it's sunk in. I thought after scans I would believe it more but even after 2 I'm still struggling, depsite my ever growing bump lol! Maybe once I feel movement I will believe it!

I had a MMC before my dd so I refused to really plan ahead and kept saying "if we have this baby" rather than "when" coz I just couldn't let myself believe.

We were pregnant together the last time, too. :) My first and second were 17 months apart, and this baby and my younger son will be 11 months apart. My second baby was planned. With my second, I had sex 7 days before ovulation, using a condom, and somehow got pregnant. With my third (current) pregnancy, I was on the pill and forgot 1 and then another 1 a week later, but I didn't think much of it because I was sure I couldn't be fertile since my baby was only 2 months old, so I didn't use another method of protection. Oops? lol. It's fantastic, though, and I'm grateful to get 3 babies so close together so I can take a nice, long break before going for another one or two later on.

I hope everything goes perfectly for you. I KNOW the denial. With my second, I was so terrified. I just didn't believe that things were going to work out. I spotted, cramped, and had an awful first tri, but now he's 7 months old and absolutely perfect. I hope everything works out the way you want it to. Having kids so close together is amazing. :)

It took me ages to get used to the idea of being pregnant but for a different reason . We were ltttc and were told we wouldn't get pg that cycle or on clomid at all. I ovulated late so we were in complete shock. I didn't even want to tell parents at first as I was scared to make it real in case it got taken away. Then I had a lot of bleeding at 10 weeks and told myself it was over as it was more painful to hope . Nearly. 3 weeks in I'm still getting used to talking about the baby actually being born.

Once you see it in the scan you will love it. You need to stop feeling guilty, while it may be hard your LO won't know the difference and will probably love having a sibling as a friend .

Did you tell hubby yet? He deservd to know. And happy birthday!

I was on injection when i fell pregnant, so like you it was a HUGE suprise!!
I have only been with my partner for 5months, so very soon, he has been very supportive though, which is a huge help!
I'm due in September.

Hope everything works out okay for you :)
Think positivly- it will be lovely how close they are in age when growing up :)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->