is anyone going to TTC for another baby when their first is just a few months old??

mrs_rj

Reaction score
Hi all!

My little Leah is 2 months old nearly now and me and hubby are desperate for another baby. I was just wondering whether anyone esle is waiting to try / TTC for #2 whilst their first is still quite young? I just don't know how much hard work it will be to have 2 tiny children and also be pregnant again while leah is still so demanding? I had quite a good pregnancy really - hardly any sickness etc and still found it hard and that was without having a baby to look after too! xxx

I fell pregnant with my second when my first was 9 months old.
I won't lie to you, it was incredibly hard, the pregnancy was very tiring and stressful and after my second was born it was very very difficult. Trying to take care of a colicky newborn who refused to sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time, with a 17 month old in tow as well was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with.

It did get easier with time though and at 5 months, once my youngest started sleeping better it was nice.
Now they are 3 and 2 and best of friends.

I would advise anyone to think long and hard before deciding on 2 children under 2.

I had this desperate urge to have another right after Emma was born as well. Honestly it has faded over time and now I would prefer to wait. She has been getting so much harder to take care of now that she is crawling and all over the place. I couldn't imagine having two under two either. It would be VERY hard. I am exhausted by the end of the day now as it is. :haha: I know how you feel though because I felt the same in the early months after I had Emma. :hugs:

hehe I had 2 under 2 and im trying again in april so 3 under 3:thumbup::haha:
I honesty can say that my youngest 2 together were easier than my first!!
Seriously, I got lucky with numbers 2 and 3 they are both very good sleepers and happy babies. Number 1 was colicy and didnt sleep through until after she was 2:sleep:
If you are prepared for any eventuality I would say go for it, come join us in the april ttc!

I'm also TTC in Apriil!!!! Bun will be 4.5 months!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->