Is anyone on propranolol?

I was on it for years, but never while pregnant. however, I just gave birth 2 months ago and had to be induced because of blood pressure. I was put on labetalol immediately but recently stopped because I found out I'm pregnant again. I am very hesitant to take medication while pregnant but also don't want to kill myself either, so I will talk to my OB next visit to potentially start taking it during the pregnancy. I also may consider propanaol again, if its safer. Are you on it?

What do you take it for? I used to take this while preg with Dr and Dr said at 5 weeks to stop it immediately as it could cause the baby to have a low birth weight xx

Dr has prescribed it me for migraine prevention (im in bed for 4-5 full days out of 7 in agony) but ive heard it can cause miscarriages as not as much blood pumps to placenta and umbilical cord. Also can course fetal poison. Which sound awful but i literally cant cope with these migraines. The preventative i used to take is a definite no no in pregnancy so propranolol has been recommended.

I was on these for servere migraines myself and continued to take them throughout my last pregnancy. My daughter sadly died at 9 days old a and weighed less than 1lb. They said the propranonol definatly didn't help. This time they have stopped prescribing it me as my consultant feels it's safer without them. I'd stop them. My migraines actually haven't been tht bad and even if they was I still wouldn't take them xx

On it for anxiety and told to stop straight away just when I am most anxious!!!!

For those on it for anxiety... I came off it fully in my last pregnancy. Was tough to start with but I found a website called at last a life also had more cbt and although I'm not 100% recovered my anxiety is so much better and I go months with no anxiety now! You will be fine! I also breastfed ds for ages and haven't needed those pills since. Being told I had to come off was a god send really. Every cloud! And don't worry about feeling panicky whilst preg either. People are used to pregnant women doing weird things!!

For op I was told it can cause intra uterine growth restriction ie low birth weight... Possibly. I've never heard I can cause miscarriage but I'm not 100%. If it's a low dose and the benefit of taking this outweighs the risk then you should take them as and when you need them. Like as a last resort. I'm not sire how your gp has prescribed these eg one a day or just when required but if you only take as and when just use them when you're absolutely desperate. I hope these migraines get better for you! X

Also op I got this info from the British national formulary of medications as I am a registered nurse and have access to such material so if miscarriage was a potential risk I think they would avoid prescribing it all together and just give you a stronger pain killer that had less risk involved. They ré pliable for everything remember

*are liable sorry phone input turned itself to French! Lol

My doctor has prescribeded it for me for severe migraines but I've not taken it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->