Is anyone still afraid of a m/c??

charliesmom

Dad, daughter, 2 chis
Reaction score
I just got really paranoid tonight and looked up second trimester m/cs... it seems unlikely for me but WHO KNOWS??? This is my first baby... I have no idea if my body will sustain it all the way!

And then I checked the doppler this evening... baby was moving like crazy but heartrate was really irratic going from 136-152! Two weeks ago, baby was at 167 - supposedly active, and baby's been averaging 155 the past week. I've never seen it go below 150 until tonight.

I am being very irrational, I know. But :( I'm just so worried. I thought I could finally relax upon entering the second trimester but the worrying never goes away :\ help me.....

I still worry a lot too. This is my second pregnancy and my first one was flawless, but I just can't get over that fear. My baby's heartrate has been all over the place, too. As long as it's in a normal range, though, it's nothing to worry about. :hugs:

Never goes away hon. I'm 16 weeks today and still check regularly with my doppler. I think I won't believe it until I have my baby in my arms, I just keep thinking of all the people who have lost babies at 18 weeks, 20 weeks etc. I know it's a hugely slim chance but there's always a chance.

It doesn't keep me up every night or anything but it certainly worries me. I don't think anything will stop that worry completely until you know it's all ok after your 40 weeks!!

Huge :hug: if it's any consolation, you're not alone!

I think everyone is worried about it to be honest, it's an exciting but still scary time. You want it to go well so much that I think it plays tricks on your mind (well I know my mind plays tricks anyway!).

I didn't get a doppler because I knew if one day I couldn't find the heartbeat I'd freak out, and I learned just before my first scan to stay off of google or any threads here that might make me panic!

Maybe all this worry is just to give us a taste of what being parents is like .... LOL.

Im worrying more now than in the 1st trimester lol... I think its just natural... especially with all our hormones n that... xxx

I haven't been worried at all, and alot will remember that even in the first tri it really was at the back of my mind. But now i have all this preeclampsia stuff already its making me want the next few weeks to go very fast to reach some chance of viability :)

same ere,

im so scared, if i dont feel her move for an hour i give my tummy a shake to wake her up! poor little thing!!!

an let me tell you it never ends! from the minute you conceive until they are all grown up all you do is worry, think its just part of motherhood :rofl:

i am feeling exactly the same, i have days where im convinced i have had a MMC i cant get the thought out of my mind. i have got my next MW appointment in 2 weeks so i can hear the heartbeat then, i hope that will put my mind at rest.
the thoughts are driving me crazy..x

I just made it to 24 weeks but part of me still worries a bit! It's normal. You won't stop worrying about this child now for the rest of your life!

Me too
I freak out all the time
and as people have said, google is NOT your friend!!!!!!
I look everything up and have decided I just HAVE to stop.
The thing is, most pregnancies are absolutely fine - people don't even know they're pregnant until our stage, do fine without all the extra care we've taken up until now and people without all the medical advances, ultrasound and dopplers have babies all the time. So we need to focus on that - sometimes too much information is a bad thing.

I sound so positive!! Now I just need to remember this myself!!!!
xx

omg i worry alllllllllll the time, its not good! I keep saying when i get to this stage and that stage i'll stop worrying, did i ever stop worrying - NO! lol now im saying ok when i get to 24 weeks i'll be viable and then at least if something goes wrong she could still survive! I seem to be hearing so many bad things online (on here too) and on TV, magazines etc, about pregnancies that haven't made it, even at 22 weeks, and premature labors before 30 weeks, and it makes me wonder if i'll be one of the unlucky ones :-( but whatever is meant to be will be i guess, and i cant control these things, so we should just enjoy it whilst we can, just know your not alone hun, we are all terrified! xxxxxx

I think the problem is, you do hear about the awful things that do sometimes happen but we forget about the millions which are fine :D

yes i still worry too after 2 early m/c last year i'm terrified something will go wrong this time too. i think once i reach 24 weeks i will not worry as much as she will the be viable. i darent risk buying anything til then either don't want to tempt fate. i guess its natural for us to worry all part of motherhood as you dont stop worrying when they are here either! x

Yup, worry worry worry!!! and this is no 6 for me. I have to say I think I have worried more this time than with any of the others (go figure!!) I started by thinking, nah that positive must be wrong, to its ectopic isnt it, to its a mmc, to late m/cs happen dont they. Just hope he/she /it keeps proving me to be an idiot,lol

I think it is unnatural to NOT worry. I listen to the baby regularly and I still worry. I feel the baby move and I still worry. I know it can all be taken away in an instant. At the same time, I am trying to enjoy it all as much as possible. Pregnancy really is a roller coaster ride. :hugs: We all have our days though. Just know you aren't alone in your worrying. We are mostly all right there with you. :hugs::hugs:

Oh I still worry now, although wodnt be a MC for me now, but I still worry something will go wrong. I cant wait for the last 5 weeks to be ova, so I can hold him in my arms safe and sound. Then again I think that'll start off a whole new lot of worries :( xxx

I worry too .I had a m/c before at 14 wks (although baby had passed away at 11 wks).

This my first baby too and i worry everyday even though ive been told all is healthy at the scans. Guess its jsut one of those things where you never will stop worrying... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->