Is B&B just.. nicer?

melewen

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
So I apparently made the mistake of interacting on another forum (won't name names but.. you might guess!) and I was totally shocked at the super rude, argumentative responses! Do you find that on here or am I just missing it? Are we at B&B just.. nicer?! Haha!

Just needed a little vent :)

I've definitely noticed this.

Thank goodness for this place. x

Here here! :wine:

Even when I was on TK I noticed a lot of rudeness on some boards. Glad I decided to come here instead! :)

Yes , I think this is one of the most supportive forums out there.

YES. Maybe that's where all the mean-spirited moms go! I've seen some serious attacks on a couple of other sites.

Or people don't respond at all.

B&B ladies are the best. :)

Absolutely, I have been on several other forums and have always come back to this one. MUCH more support and MUCH less drama (always a good thing). ;)

I agree too! More support and there are actually people on here interacting with one another. On other boards all the posts may be weeks old and no replies or comments. I love B&B

B&B is the only forum I have ever really visited. I liked the board from my first PG which sadly resulted in MC. I think it's nice to be on just one as you grow to really know the users, and their children. By toddler age I know which Mum's have similar parenting views to me, and find it much more helpful knowing the background of those responding xxx

I think you can get a smidge of that here, but with all the raging hormones, I think it's impossible to completely avoid lol

But I agree that B&B is a nice and supportive environment. B&B is really the only one I ever used since getting pregnant with DD (and I only came upon it because every time I googled -symptom spotting- B&B always seemed to have what I was looking for lol). I did sign up for one other with her, but didn't really utilize it. Not that it was bad or anything, I just got sucked into B&B more and pretty much just stayed here.

I've been here on and off since i was pregnant with ds1 in 2008. I think that says it all lol.

Ummm, YES! B&B is much nicer. I've noticed in a couple of other forums, the responses are often geared to be intentionally scathing, impatient and sarcastic at the expense of the original poster. Of course, not all the threads are like this but it happens frequently. I've often wondered if some of these boards have a secret points system for how many snarky replies a person can come up with. Sheesh.

Yes it's definitely nicer! I think cos everyone has their profile pictures and signatures (okay I deleted mine but most people!) it's less anonymous so people don't have free reign to be bitches.

You guys are all so right! I never intended to be double timing b&b :lmao: but I was like oh it's so convenient because it's right in the app i already use. Big mistake!

I could not agree more! I was shocked at how nasty the women are on that other board. How is that helpful to anyone? And they seem to have zero moderator influence. If I don't have something good or at least helpful to say, I just don't say anything. I have no idea why everyone there is so mean. I don't have time to be mean to people on the internet, I'm trying to grow a healthy baby and stay positive.

I don't have any experience with any other pregnancy/ttc forums. I was Googling so many things after my MC last year and kept coming across B&B and loved how kind and supportive everyone seemed to be, and that's why I ended up joining. I would've just kept to myself, otherwise, because nowhere else seemed to have the same kind of community.

Yes b&b is just the best :rofl:

It's lovely to see the feedback. Xxx

AtomicPink :thumbup:

oneill yes!! Like.. I don't have the time or energy to jump into little threads and make snarky comments and faux-moderate! Like.. really not why I use forums. I actually read a bunch of forums before settling on B&B!

That's why I've stuck around for 5 1/2 years ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->