Is DTD Every Day too Much?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Exactly as the title says - we are in our first month TTC and because my cycles have been somewhat irregular I dont really know when i ovulate (and think it varies monthly) So... as i am worried about missing O (even though i am taking daily OPK's i dont trust them!) would DTD daily be in any way detrimental to conceiving? I know they recommend every other day but im not sure why? :shrug:

I've read a lot on this and if your OH has a low sperm count (like mine does) they recommend every other day, but otherwise I can't see a problem with every day. Have you tried using a more advanced ovulation kit? I'm using the cb digi.

Xx

Thanks, think we might just go for every day over what i think is my fertile period and see what happens! If this month isnt successful I might get a cb digi :) xx

My DH has a normal sperm count, so our doc suggested we go every day from CD12-16. My friend's DH has a very low sperm count, and her doc says every 3 days for them. It all just depends. But every day or every other day, I still think either way you'd have a great chance.

My DH has a normal sperm count, so our doc suggested we go every day from CD12-16. My friend's DH has a very low sperm count, and her doc says every 3 days for them. It all just depends. But every day or every other day, I still think either way you'd have a great chance.

OK i know this is going to sound stupid... and sorry if it does but I am so new to this... if you have a low sperm count, why would it be recommended that you BD every other day and not every day?

Just a wee update - DTD every day from CD8 to CD15 worked first month for us!

Last month we did the internet-recommended every other day. I had an positive OPK and must have missed the window, so this month we are doing every day. We have been getting busy every night since CD12. I'm CD 16 and just got my positive OPK and had a temp spike this morning so we are doing it at least 4 more nights. (ugh-lol) ...and finishing it off with an Instead Cup...(double ugh)

Yeah im not sure why they recommend every other day. I would always suggest trying every day first, if that doesnt work then try something else. If we hadnt done it the night before ovulation, but say we had done it the night before that (two days pre ov), who knows whether we would have conceived? xx

OMG! This question was abig one of mine, since my fiance' and I naturally have sex almost every day!

But from the doctors I have spoken with and from what I have researched and read, every other day will still give you pretty great chances of conceiving, but it doesn't need to be limited to just that unless DH has low sperm count or poor sperm motility.

BD away!

waiting is suppose to help the body build up a reserve of sperm so the man isnt just ejaculating semen (the liquid the sperm live in)

we however are trying every day this month... we only missed 3 days in 20

waiting is suppose to help the body build up a reserve of sperm so the man isnt just ejaculating semen (the liquid the sperm live in)

we however are trying every day this month... we only missed 3 days in 20

Ah I see! Sending lots of baby dust your way, hope this is the month for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->