Is frequent urination driving anyone else batty?!!?

aspiringmum

Reaction score
I just laid down for an hour-long nap (timed on my clock) and I had to get up FOUR times to pee. I don't even think I've been drinking that much liquid!! I don't drink caffeine or anything like that either...does anyone else have this horrible problem? I'm hardly getting any sleep at night :wacko:

I'm not quite that bad, could you have a urine infection? With DS3 really frequent urination was the only sign I had of the urine infection I had. I do have to get up a few times in the night to pee, though I've always had to get up at least once! Xxx

The only time it really bugs me is during the night. I start to have dreams that I'm going to the bathroom and I feel like I am going to pee the bed!! Very annoying.

Yes! My LO still doesn't sleep through the night, so with that and needing to pee I'm just a dribbling mess in the day!

It always seems to hit me when I nap/sleep too. I read in my Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy that sleeping triggers the kidneys to go into hyper drive mode cleaning the blood and so all that retained fluid when standing gets carried out while sleeping. Since your blood capacity doubles when pregnant or something crazy like that you end up peeing a lot more (especially when you sleep). I have to get up 2-3 times a night right now so we'll see as the weeks go by if it gets worse!

I'm definitely not peeing that frequently - although I am fed up enough of having my sleep disturbed a couple of times in 8 hours overnight. :wacko: I used to sleep right through!

Like many other commenters, it really only gets to me at night. I go at least 5 times between the time my head hits the pillow and my alarm goes off. I hardly notice during the day but at night it's crazy!

Im so early on right now but i def noticed it kicking in today going at least once an gour we will see how tonight goes

It always seems to hit me when I nap/sleep too. I read in my Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy that sleeping triggers the kidneys to go into hyper drive mode cleaning the blood and so all that retained fluid when standing gets carried out while sleeping. Since your blood capacity doubles when pregnant or something crazy like that you end up peeing a lot more (especially when you sleep). I have to get up 2-3 times a night right now so we'll see as the weeks go by if it gets worse!

Well that explains a lot!

I also have to get up 2-3 times a night. And I try very hard not to drink too much before bed either. One night I know I went to bed a little dehydrated and I STILL got up 2 times. Ugh!

I have to get up atleast once during the night always between 3am and 4am someone posted the other day saying that's the time your baby will wake for a feed so your body is just getting ready, lol! Wonder if there'll be any truth in that haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->