Is it a problem getting clothes to fit over resuables?Especially the ones with wraps?

flubdub

Reaction score
Are clothes harder to fit, with resuables, as they're chunkier?
I would like to use the nappies with wraps; saves on washing, and much prettier patterns, but Im assuming that with an extra layer (the wrap) it would be even harder than, say, with a pocket nappy?

Has anyone struggled getting clothes to fit? Esp newborn?

btp nappies can look huge on a newborn also some brands of fitted nappies can appear bulky.
i loved the bottom heavy look and didn't find it make any real difference in clothes, now he's bigger the bg organics and stay dry flips that we use are really no bigger than a sposie.

I think it also depends on your LO's body shape too. Emma was a chunky and long baby (leaner now that she's mobile) and I used to have problems. Her bum was too big and the added bulk also added to the length of her torso. Of course, if she'd been a thinner baby, I doubt clothing sizes would have been an issue. Sometimes fitted nappies are bigger than pockets- there is absorbant stuff all the way around with a fitted whereas the absorbant stuff is just in the center with a pocket, making for wider hips with fitteds (in my experience anyway).

I wouldn't let this put you off using either fitteds or pockets though- Emma used to always have poopy blowouts with 'sposies so even though her clothes might have fit better when we used a sposie, we were guaranteed of needing more outfit changes while she was in sposies.

Lucy is in btp pockets and still in newborn clothing. It does make her look like she has a sack of potatoes for a bum, but she's only outgrowing newborn clothing just a little faster than she normally would due to cloth bums.

I haven't found it to be a problem and in the summer it's nice to have them on show so I tend to use t-shirts and babylegs if it's a little cooler. I haven't found it to be a problem in vest or babygrows or any soft trousers the only thing I don;t really use as they don't fit that well are jeans but I'm not that keen on Jeans on tiny one anyway I find them to restrictive.

On another note I have actually found pocket nappies and Ai1's to have prettier prints as they don't tend to be hidden by wraps.

i struggled with trousers for faith, leg warmers and the company cut for cloths baby clothes were good

I found bodysuits didn't fit as long as they would have if I'd been using a slimmer nappy/disposables, but I bought some vest extenders to make them last longer. Trousers - most do fit but some don't look too comfortable, jeans especially, so I tend to use my slimmest nappies then (Flips), but I'm more likely to put him in shorts (which were made for him to accommodate his nappies) or softer trousers.

My chunkiest nappies (if I don't add extra padding to a BG v3) are my Little Lamb fitted bamboos, but the wrap doesn't add any bulk at all because I use Motherease Airflow or a Flip wrap, and they are very thin.

I love his big fluffy bum, it's so cute and extra comfortable for him when he falls on his bum (something he does all the time now he's trying to walk).

I've found that our nappies do tend to fill out Evie's clothes a little more than a sposie.. not all of them, but just some of the pocket ones we have. It's not a problem tho as we have some babylegs and just put those on with a co ordinating tshirt/top and away she goes :)
I personally love a big nappy bum and as Mary Jo said, it gives extra padding when they're learning to pull themselves up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->