Is it bad for them to eat too much fruit??

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
At the moment, fruit and yoghurt is all i can eat due to my morning/all day sickness.....only everytime i have some Maley has some...well lots!!

Today we ate a whole punnet of srawberries between us and yesterday two packs of blackberries....

Apart from giving her the runs (and the mess) is it bad???

I haven't given birth yet but as someone who almost has her nutrition degree I would be wary of this as fruit has a LOT of sugar and sugar generates an insulin spike which is not usually a problem unless your body stops producing sufficient levels of insulin to break down the sugars... when this happens often it can lead to diabetes (yes even an overconsumption of fruit can lead to diabetes but this isn't a huge concern unless diabetes runs in your family). It's important to know that over centuries and with hybridization and pesticides fruit has gotten sweeter and bigger.

A second problem is that obviously the sugar from the fruit can cause cavities....I know a 3 year old who has just gotten their first cavity because the child consumed SO much apple juice.

Thirdly, if this continues long term the child may not get adequate levels of fats and proteins (because all they are eating sugar) which are actually more important for the human body than carbohydrates.

So short term its absolutely fine and from what you have told me (strawberries and blueberries....thats not ovedoing it...i would be concerned if you were eating only fruit all day) but if it keeps up just be cautious.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->