Is it bad that...

Lullahbelle12

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
... I've already got a huge stash of mummy and me type magazines (in fact I have every single one that is currently on the shelves)??? And that I've already looked through the catalogues that you get with them and decided what I want?? And managed to collect a baby changing mat and a story book - my future child has belongings and it's not even conceived yet!!!

Also, when should I start taking folic acid supplements (suprise suprise I've already bought them!!). We are TTC in August.

I just can't wait!!! I think I need lie down in a dark room for a bit!!!

xxx

Lol its not bad, I was considering buying some magazines but managed to stop myself because I want to ejoy time with OH just being married and concentrate on that before getting too excited about TTC. We are hoping to start TTC in October/November but thats only if we have managed to move house by then. Fingers crossed!
I was told 3 months before you TTc you start start taking Folic Acid Supplements, but also that its a good idea to start taking them once coming off the pill. x

Oooh, I came off the pill ages ago (to give us a head start when we do start TTC). I know what you mean about wanting to enjoy being married first but me adn OH want t get cracking straight away, he's as broody as me! I wonder if I'll be this excited when the big TTC day comes or whether I'll be terrified!!

Congratulations on getting married btw. I can't wait for our wedding day!

xx

with my tesco clubcard vouchers I got a subscription to a baby magazine! And I am on all sorts of baby websites, I even did a spreadsheet of everything I thought we might be buying and priced it up using babiesrus to see how much we need to save! I do feel a bit obsessed and try to tell myself that I am just preparing myself! ha! x

with my tesco clubcard vouchers I got a subscription to a baby magazine! And I am on all sorts of baby websites, I even did a spreadsheet of everything I thought we might be buying and priced it up using babiesrus to see how much we need to save! I do feel a bit obsessed and try to tell myself that I am just preparing myself! ha! x

THANK YOU - I am not the only one!! Although I'd not thought of the spreadsheet idea, I'm going to price everything up this afternoon!!

I'm baby mad at the moment, I was sat looking through all the catalogues last night and thinking 'ooooh, that would be useful' and 'oooh, I'd best remember to get one of those'!! Thank go my OH was out or he would have had me carted off!!!

I have a Tesco Clubcard, I wonder if I can get a subscription to a baby magazine, do you have to have so many points?

xxx

OMG, I was just going to post abotu this in TTC. I am actually TTC now but I am still addicted to this part of the forum. I went into Asda today, and I bought the 'I'm Pregnant' magazine. I am nowhere near being pregnant. I felt so guilty, but now I feel better!

At least you're TTC and buying things, I'm still WTT!!! Ha ha!!

What are we like, at least we're not alone in our mad little worlds!!

Good luck TTC xxx

Im guilty of other things: Ive just redecorated the spare room- n i made sure to keep it very neutral! Just one wall of leafy wallpaper- all i need to do is add a few animal stickers- n there u go- jungle themed nursery!!! lol! So sneaky!
Told OH the other night (putting on a fake shocked voice, as if it had only just occured to me that it could easily transform into a nursery!) n he said "oh yeah, that'd b a nice idea!" lol!!!

not magazines... but books about pregnancy, the developping baby...
i don't really need to buy stuff since i'm getting everything my aunt used a few
years ago from my cousin, so that's a cost i don't have to calculate (if not i sooo would do the spreadsheet thing too!)

i'm trying my best to avoid baby sections in stores bc i have a hard time not buying anything hahaha
so silly...

sometimes i think, by the time i WILL be pregnant and it will be more normal to do
these type of things i'll be bored of it already, then what do i do? haha

THANK YOU - I am not the only one!! Although I'd not thought of the spreadsheet idea, I'm going to price everything up this afternoon!!

I'm baby mad at the moment, I was sat looking through all the catalogues last night and thinking 'ooooh, that would be useful' and 'oooh, I'd best remember to get one of those'!! Thank go my OH was out or he would have had me carted off!!!

I have a Tesco Clubcard, I wonder if I can get a subscription to a baby magazine, do you have to have so many points?

xxx

Teehee!! I loved doing the spreadsheet, although scared at the thought of the total!! Today I have set up a savings account where I have to put a minimum amount in each month and can't really touch it for 12 months - which is great as we're not starting TTC till September so even if we conceived straight away I wouldn't be due till June. It feels great to have that set up now!

£8 worth of clubcard vouchers gets you a yers subscription to Prima Baby magazine - we live right close to Tesco so we get quite a lot of vouchers - it's great! They should send you the vouchers every so often and you just put in the voucher numbers online and it's all sorted :D

Im guilty of other things: Ive just redecorated the spare room- n i made sure to keep it very neutral! Just one wall of leafy wallpaper- all i need to do is add a few animal stickers- n there u go- jungle themed nursery!!! lol! So sneaky!
Told OH the other night (putting on a fake shocked voice, as if it had only just occured to me that it could easily transform into a nursery!) n he said "oh yeah, that'd b a nice idea!" lol!!!

OMG - what a fantastic idea!! We've just decorated our spare room (baby's room as I secretly call it!!) and have painted it yellow so will be fine for baby really.

I'm laughing at your post cos I do the shocked voice as well - ha ha!!

xx

I am a Nursery Nurse and all through my training I bought tons of Parenting magazines for 'research'. :happydance:

I have a secret stash of mags too and nowhere near ttc! xxx

Yep not magazines but have been to tons of baby related websites including this one, and i should be taking folic acid all the time because i get anemia on and off but now got really serious with it never missing a day

Ooo...I don't have any magazines yet (only wedding ones right now!)...but I think I may start getting a few since we're TTC in July. And the spreadsheet idea...so fantastic. I cannot believe I haven't thought of that. (Considering I use excel pivot tables to display our monthly finances - color coded and everything. The cells are red until all of our bills are paid and I input the payment data - then the cells turn green!! - yes I am a loser).

Ooo...I don't have any magazines yet (only wedding ones right now!)...but I think I may start getting a few since we're TTC in July. And the spreadsheet idea...so fantastic. I cannot believe I haven't thought of that. (Considering I use excel pivot tables to display our monthly finances - color coded and everything. The cells are red until all of our bills are paid and I input the payment data - then the cells turn green!! - yes I am a loser).

Oooh, I could do with one of them for our finances!!

I have a software thing on my iPhone that you input your periods into and it predicts your next period, your ovulation time and all sorts of stuff... it's really good actually but everytime I look at it I feel like such a geek!!! It's called iPeriod - ha ha!

I think it's a cycle version of your finance spreadsheet!!!

during my wtt time i worked out my "baby shopping list" and saved it on the computer, and now im ttc im starting to save for baby evie or daniel,

Oooh, I could do with one of them for our finances!!

I have a software thing on my iPhone that you input your periods into and it predicts your next period, your ovulation time and all sorts of stuff... it's really good actually but everytime I look at it I feel like such a geek!!! It's called iPeriod - ha ha!

I think it's a cycle version of your finance spreadsheet!!!

I was thinking of getting that on my iPod touch (my birthday present off OH-my birthday isnt till monday!!) but it cost about £5 and I've got a free thingaby on my laptop so cos I'm tight, I've copied them from my online thingy onto my ipod calendar. Btw, best thing ever, the iPod touch. Haven't been off it :D

I've already chosen everything - the pram (Silver Cross Sleepover Linear), the carseat, the cotbed, the nursery theme (Zeddy & Parsnip - soooooo cute!!). I don't care!!

I have borrowed several books on conceiving and pregnancy and read them cover to cover.

The whole baby thing has got me in a headpsin and I can't wait!! :headspin:

In fact, I'm going to do a spreadsheet right now (seeing as DH as gone to bed already, he's been working really hard on the house bless him).

i have a full list ready
shopping list that is and i put my bonus away each monh as s
savingd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back