Is it bad to take too many vitamis while ttc?

suzan

Reaction score
This might be a silly question, but here it goes.
I lost blood bec of my miscarriage, and after some blood tests, my doc told me that I need to take vitamins. She prescribed me to take Folic Acid again and Iron pills.
I take 5mg of Folic acid, daily. and
Take Euro-Fer CF Campsules, a pill daily (this contains: Iron, Vitamin C and Folic Acid) and each capsule contains: 300mg of Iron, 200mg of Vitamin C, and 0.5mg of Folic Acid.

Is this bad? I am taking too many things? What's advisable?
Someone please?:huh:

Hi Suzan,:hi:

I'm not too sure - I take 'Pregnacare' which is a supplement that has a lot of different vitamins in it (i.e zinc, iron, folic acid...) and it is specifically designed for pregnant women or those trying to concieve. It is a bit expensive though (around £4.00 for a month's supply) - you could probably get a better deal online.

As long as your Dr. okayed it I don't see any problems with the pills you are taking. I take a basic prenatal multivitamin that has iron, folic acid, and several vitamins and minerals in it.

Hi There!
I think it's fine to take vitamins when trying to conceive. I was a bit concerned about which ones to take, but I now take pregnacare, which as Poppy said are specifically designed for those ttc or pregnant women
:dust:

No it's not bad, but you're better off getting pregnancy multivitamins for peace of mins

The only one you need to watch for is vitamin A, more for when you get pg than ttc.

You cant really take too many, what your body doesnt need will just flush away anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->