Is it bad?

A

AppleBlossom

One of my friends has just quit uni because she wants to come home. She has always wanted a baby for as long as I can remember and now it's all she ever talks about. I keep telling her it's not all rainbows and butterflies and it's VERY hard work and your social life is pretty much ruined for the next 18 years yet she said she doesn't care about all that and that she could handle it. But secretly a part of me wishes she would get pregnant. I'm quite lonely here on weekdays and I really don't want to get pregnant again but I want to have someone I can give advice to and see how they're changing, swap stories etc. Sorry if that sounds like gibberish, I don't know whether it gets the point across about what I mean. I know it sounds bad and she probably won't get pregnant anytime soon but I really want her to!

my friends were the same until i had kids and they all saw what it did to me.. then they openly told me that they do NOT wish their lives to be like mine and that my life is crap now i have kids.

what wonderful friends i had!

Tell her that you support her either way, but you refuse to have a say in what she does because you're biased?

I know the feeling. I was so happy when I found out two of my friends were pregnant. Its really hard when your life changes so much and your friends life is still the same. We tend to hang around people with kids more now as they understand what its likes to go out for supper etc with a baby. I love it when my friends come to me for advice on what to do, what to buy etc etc.

I just feel really bad for my best friend. She has been trying for 2 years now to fall pregnant. Her one SIL just had a baby girl, the other one is due in December. I had my boy in May, our other good friend had a boy last month and her friend at work just gave birth. The poor girl is surrounded by pregnant women and babies which is just a constant reminder that she is struggling.

As long as she knows whats involved with being Mum some would like their kids younger are ready etc although uni would have been a :thumpup: for a future with family.

Take it she has a long term partner wanting the same? lol

Erm Tezzy yer nice friends! :|

No thats the thing, she doesn't. She has a long term partner but he doesnt want kids for a while which is understandable! I don't actually want her to have a baby. But I do just so I have someone who can relate to me... if that makes sense? lol

I feel exactly the same hun - I would love a close friend who is a first time mum like me who I could give advice/talk about babies with but I have no one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->