• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it common to throw up during labor??

I was sick a couple times at the start of DS's labour I think it was the force of the contractions. With DS2 was sick a fair few times during, and afterwards (it was the after pains that caused it afterwards) I normally hate being sick but I didn't feel sick, it was just an involuntary thing, and tbh was a distraction from the pain :haha: it was the early hours though and I hadn't eaten so wasn't much, my poor hubby though!!

(It was always mid contraction)

I never felt or was sick with either of my 2 labours. I do wonder if this one will be different, as just during pregnancy I've found myself gag very easily and nearly throw up at the silliest of things ... something I never had with the previous 2 either.

When I was in labour with DD1 I never even had any nausea, with DD2's labour I threw up a couple of times but it wasn't to do with pain. It was just the fact I got really, really hot and they hadn't brought in the fan yet, I get really sick when overheated.

Yep, threw up during natural labor with my daughter! I'm sure I'll throw up this time too as I've thrown up throughout this pregnancy :sick:

First time I puked so much I needed a drip and IM anti emetics. Second time not even a bit of nausea. So it can totally vary

I threw up uncontrollably over and over with my first, but I didn't have even the smallest amount of nausea or need to throw up with my second.

I threw up when I had my first proper full on contraction, and threw up a few times more with some of the intense contractions for the next couple of hours. I think it was partially the shock of how painful they were (FTM) but once I was in transition and then into the pushing stage no more puking.

I threw up the whole time I labored at home, from Saturday night until Sunday night. I got really dehydrated because I couldn't keep anything down at all and would dry-heave when I had nothing in my stomach. It was absolutely horrible. I had taken no medications before or during labor so it had nothing to do with that.

Right as the contractions began getting really serious I felt this EXTREME wave of nausea and I had to try to relax and breathe with my eyes closed until it passed. My midwife told me that as the baby's head and shoulders are working their way past the cervix there is a pressure point in there that gets pushed on and causes the nausea. I guess it is extremely common. I luckily didn't throw up, but she had me eating soup, sourdough bread, and drinking pineapple juice and water to keep my energy up and my stomach not upset. Granted, I could only eat about half a bowl of soup and a couple of bites of bread, but I really think that definitely helped. Just do what your body wants and it shouldn't mistreat you :).

I've always thrown up a few minutes after giving birth but never during labour. I distinctly remember being horrified after my second cos I started throwing up and peeing myself at the same time :rofl: I was screaming at the midwife inbetween streams of vomit that I was wetting myself :haha: DH says I was so ashamed of myself that I started crying afterwards lol.

i threw up through-out pregnancy, in early labour and throughout labour but perfectly fine once baby is out. x

I had nausea all through early labor. I puked on my bathroom floor right before we left for the hospital and in the 4hrs it took me to get from 2cm and 4cm I probably filled up like 6 puke bags. After that the nausea was gone.

I wasn't sick with either, but i did have diarrhoea with my first :blush:

its common I heard, thats like transition but i have never experienced it. I did experience it after lol- go figure.

I puked with DS when I hit transition. It was mostly dry heaves as I hadn't had anything to eat or drink other than a little apple juice a few hours before. I didn't puke with DD though. Hoping to avoid it with this baby too but we'll see. I peed with DD so I guess that makes up for it. :haha:

Oh God, I was projectile vomiting and had an awful diarrhea :blush: at the same time. My mom kept yelling at me to get off the toilet, she was scared I'd give birth into it :rofl:

Yeah, no one prepared me for this. I heard nausea is common, but had no idea that I would get diarrhea too :( Hoping this time around it won't be like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->