Is it common?

alparen

Mommy to a Princess
Reaction score
I went and saw Samantha today and she lifts her own head up! I'm like wtf? how is she lifting her own head up at that age and holding it there for a few seconds before putting it back down? She also lift her whole body up if shes laying on her stomach. Seriously how does a baby that small pick her own head up and hold it there? shes only 32 weeks and 5 days?? Is this like a normal premie thing? Seriously i am still in shock....

Im sorry I have no idea........but I would take it as a very good sign that she is getting stronger day by day!!!

Shes getting super strong. She needs another 450 grams of weight and to be completely off her CPAP before they will ship her down to the hospital in my city. Shes almost fully weened off cpap. her rate is 6% now. next step is 5% then they try shutting it off.
That head thing has got me floored though. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her doing it.

Elias used to do that too. It's pretty neat. The Doctors and Nurses weren't surprised, so I assumed it was common.

Yes I think it is common as my lo used to do it as well.

Yeah its common hun, some people dont expect it because of their gestation but they can surprise us!!

Sophie used to do it, and I remember when she was in HDU (so between 34 and 37 weeks) she would be lying on her tummy with her head facing one way, and lift her head up and turn it so she was facing the other way!! She also used to push up and make her way up her incubator in a funny little "crawl" type of thing. Preemies are surprisingly strong! xx

Weird how strong they are! Samantha does that weird crawl deal to. She always wiggled down her incubator so the nurses are
Always having to put her back up lolol. It's just so bizarre at the strength!

Our LO's are strong cookies! J used to dislodge his CPAP by turning his head and also with his hands I think it got on his nerves.
Wait til she starts pulling her feeding tube out!

Our LO's are strong cookies! J used to dislodge his CPAP by turning his head and also with his hands I think it got on his nerves.

I remember that! :dohh:

Samantha always pulls her coal out and suck on lol. The nurses also had to triple tape her feeding tube to her chin because she keeps hAuling at it and was even pulling the tape off. Thennurses are forever laughing at her antics. They want me to bring up a disposable camera lol.

Abby did it. Especially when she was on her tummy in the incubator.

Samantha always pulls her coal out and suck on lol. The nurses also had to triple tape her feeding tube to her chin because she keeps hAuling at it and was even pulling the tape off. Thennurses are forever laughing at her antics. They want me to bring up a disposable camera lol.

You should leave a camera there, they'll take snaps when she does interesting stuff and you aren't there.

Hi Alparen, I'm so happy know Samantha is doing well! Your little treasure has a big fan club cheering for her x

Hi Alparen, I'm so happy know Samantha is doing well! Your little treasure has a big fan club cheering for her x

:hugs: thanks so much sweety!! she is doing fab finally off cpap!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->