Is it gas or movement @ 18 weeks?

koj518

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

This is my first pregnancy and I've been feeling something that feels like movement but it could be gas... how have you been able to tell the difference?

I'm 18 weeks and I know the upper stomach "movement" is gas for sure but when I feel it very low near or below my pubic line, would that be movement? or could that also be gas? :blush:

To me early movement always felt like somebody was lightly tickling you from the inside and it definitely starts down low. I felt my first at about 16 weeks so I'm sure you're feeling movement at 18 weeks. The little baby kicks later are so much fun! Enjoy!!

With my first, I felt movement that I wasn't sure was movement at 18 weeks and in a few days I was sure. It started to feel more like jabbing/kicking and less like bubbles popping (but it does start out that way).
This time around, I am 18 weeks tomorrow and just yesterday I started to be sure I was feeling baby. I've felt bubbly sensations for a couple of weeks but now I'm feeling more of a wriggling/rolling sensation. I think some of the "bubbles" were baby, but some were actual bubbles! It's hard to tell them apart. The same thing is probably happening with you. I bet that some of those low down popping feelings are baby. They'll soon progress into something more obvious and less like gas. With my son (like I said, at 18 weeks) it was a matter of days.

Good to know!!

some of them definitely feel like movement so hopefully that's what it is!

This morning I felt a weird one where it felt like something twitching inside (kind of like when your eye lids twitch but inside my uterus). not sure what that was. :shrug:

That will be baby! Sometimes it can feel like a twitch, also sometimes like something brushing against you from the inside. I reckon they will progress quickly now to more kicky feelings. I hope mine do too haha.

Yes, I'd also describe early kicking/movement as a "twitchy" or fluttery feeling. I asked the same question a few weeks ago (goodness, time is flying!), with similar symptoms, and I know now what I was feeling was definitely baby movement. It could still be either at this point, but if it keeps happening in the same spot it's probably baby; especially if you notice it around the same time of day. I always felt it in the morning and the evening/late night. I could even see my stomach twitch in that spot sometimes.
It probably won't be long before it's unmistakable!

talia - I cannot wait til they feel like real kicks and not gas!! :haha: PS we are literally days apart in due date!

kiram - I always feel it in the morning and evenings as well! For me the twitches have never been strong enough to feel from the outside though. hopefully it will progress soon so DH can feel the baby too!!

Me neither haha! Those "that was definitely baby" feelings are only about once a day at the moment. I want big kicks!
And, yay bump buddies! When is your anomaly scan?

talia - it's actually tomorrow!!! I cannot wait!! and yes, I literally just had a "that was definitely baby" movement! I got 3 pokes in the same spot :D When is yours?

Aw, yay for baby pokes! Wow that's early!! Are you in the uk? Mines at 20+1 on the 30th august. Are you finding out the gender?

I'm in the US where they do anatomy scans anywhere from 16-20weeks!! and yes, I'll be finding out the gender!!

Aw, so exciting! Here it's 18-21 weeks but me and everyone I know has always got theirs pretty much dead on 20 weeks. Sooo long to wait! 😱
Will it be the first time you've seen baby since 12 weeks? You must be so excited to find out gender!

Definitely sounds like baby, enjoy the little movements before you're digging a foot out your rib cage or your belly looks like you're about the reenact the famous scene from alien :haha:

Talia - yes!! Can't wait for our scan! We probably won't get to see it for a while again after this one so I'll enjoy every second of it!!

Jenna - omg I just imagined the scene from alien and replaced it with a baby. Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->