Is it good to name your unborn child before 12 weeks?

Frankie

Reaction score
My other half has already named ours what are your opinions?

Personally i dont think it matters, some people have names picked out for their children before they fall pregnant.

I dont think it matters. We were dead set on a name before I even got pregnant and now we hate that name and have chosen something else. We call her by her name but whether it turns out to actually be her name is another matter!

I think it's ok to name your LO but I wouldn't keep it too set in your mind - I've been through a few names and I expect it to change again when we meet our LO, lol.

it depends on the name i suppose, a little nickname fair enough, but at 12wks and hes referiing to it as either a girl or boys name, hes gonna be dissapointed if it aint what he thought, especially with him naming bump it gives him more of a bond.

but we were always set on my sons name, and i 'felt' my son was a boy from early on and my scan proved that right anyway, although we never referred to him as his name, it was baby or beanie as the odd times i did call him by his name while expecting it made me feel like i was talking about someone who had passed away :( and i didnt like the idea.

id let your fella call it what he wants so long as he aint gonna be too disapointed in its outcome, at the end of the day, hes showing an interest, some men dont!

We had our names picked out about 5 months before I got pregnant. (Both male and female). Nothing wrong with it, but just be prepared that your baby might not look like the name you've given it. I've known that happen so many times!! I just hope it doesn't happen to us, lol.

We have names sorted already, ones left from when we had Ewan.

i have my names picked already and nickname for baby to and im only 10 weeks

I named mine at about 8-10 weeks preg, but decided that name didn't suit him once I got to know him more. You know? You might find that name does not do justice, once you start finding out things like if s/he's lazy, active, likes music, doesn't like it, is fidgetty, etc. or you might think it's the perfect name!

excellent well its either Jack or Jessica ive let my other half choose them

We picked our girl's name from really early on, not sure how early. We could never agree on a boy's name. Just as well she was a girl :-D

xx

excellent well its either Jack or Jessica ive let my other half choose them

We've got ours sorted too (a boys name and a girls name) with middle names too, came up with them while TTC. For now LO is called 'chicken'.
You've chosen lovely names :happydance:

we had to have a scan early on at 5 and 7 weeks - at the first scan there was only a yolk sac so OH named her yolky lol at the second scan the sonogrpher said there it is that little splodge and the flickering is splodge's heart beat so she was then splodgy. At the 12 week scan she was an obvious baby and we were convinced she was a boy so she was Ernie or Splodgy. Then we found out she was a girl and has been Olivia ever since - whether that will be her name or not is another story!! xx

We started to talk about names soon after we found out we were pregnant. We had the boys name sorted and a couple of potential girls names. We then decided on her name once we knew she was a she.

I think its fine to have names early on. Enjoy it sweetie!!

x

I was feeling pink.... so had my heart set on Courtney!!! Right from about 8 weeks lol!!

I had a nickname for baby before we knew the sex because i didnt like to call baby 'it' now we call him by the name we have chosen.

I think it is cute... Me and my boyfriend have names picked out for ours allready ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->