• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it just me or are all boys names these days almost the same?

Surprised26

Reaction score
It just seems to me like EVERYONE and their sister is naming their baby boy either Caeden, Jayden, Aiden, Braiden, ect.... Sadly I like these names, but would never pick them because I'm almost certain that come time for school, every kid will have practically the same name! Haha. I'm also determined to find a name that none of me friend/classmates/distance relatives have used. I've got my girl name, but the boy name is proving quite tricky! Anyone else having/noticing this issue?!

Gosh yes, they're everywhere, and so annoying. In my experience kids with such names tend to be nothing but trouble, too.

I dont know any kids with names like that (genuinly never met an ?aiden)

the popular names in my DS school are Lewis, Oliver, Jack, James and Joesph

I also find boys names incredibly easy to pick (so much easier than girls which are more random a varied so there for more likely to be similar) if all these boys have the same name then just dont pick that one... not hard really

Honestly, I see more Noahs, Jacksons, and Liams than I do the -aiden crew. But if you would have asked me a few years ago, then yeah, I definitely heard it a lot more than I do now! That being said, one of the only names DH likes is Kaiden, but like you, I wouldn't use it because I don't like the whole samey-sound it has with the others.

We're definitely doing all right with Micah though! Never heard it before, nor heard of this LO's name, which will be Nolan. :thumbup:

I kind of think the opposite. Every little girl I know has the middle name Rose, May or Grace and there seems to be lots of 'ia' names I.e Olivia, Amelia, Sophia

I love boy's names! I find them so easy to find unique ones since lots of people use "safe", common names like Jackson, Grayson, Jayden, etc.

There are SOOO many lovely boy names that aren't that common anymore, such as:
Tyler :cloud9:
Mitchell
Cameron
Preston
Scott
Adam
Brett
Chadwick
Devin
Derek
Donovan
Edwin
Frederick
Giovanni
Kyle

I can't think of a single child I know with any of those names lol. However I think every little girl I know of that has been born in the last 4/5 years is called Isabelle/Isabella :haha:

Hmm...Maybe it's an American thing. I don't know, I'm just hell bent on finding a name that none of my facebook friends have used. I've got my girl name, I'm just struggling with the boy name! Maybe I just should wait until the gender scan to worry about it. haha

I kind of think the opposite. Every little girl I know has the middle name Rose, May or Grace and there seems to be lots of 'ia' names I.e Olivia, Amelia, Sophia

This. I could name a herd of baby boys but girls' names don't interest me much.

Oops think we just settled on Caelan and our Dd's middle name is Rose! :haha:

Does that make us a bit chavvy? :winkwink:

I have an Olivia rose :haha: she is nearly 10 though, there weren't so many about back then!

I picked Ruben for my ds because you don't hear it that much. I think there's only one at the school my girls go to in our village.

I have an Olivia rose :haha: she is nearly 10 though, there weren't so many about back then!

I picked Ruben for my ds because you don't hear it that much. I think there's only one at the school my girls go to in our village.

To be fair it's a beautiful name, and Rose goes very well with so many names. I dislike the name Olivia because it's so popular (my mind's weird logic :dohh:) but love Oliviè, the French version, and plain Olive. Olivia is a gorgeous name it's just you stop hearing it as much when it's so common which sucks! Rory is super common too now which is a shame.

Lol - I honestly think the only time I hear about how "annoyingly popular" the *aiden names are is on baby name sites. In real life I don't know very many at all. Certainly no one over the age of 10. And I have only heard maybe 1 or 2 kids with each of those names. I'm a teacher/social worker and work with hundreds of kids. If you add up how many ppl (adults and children) that are named Robert, Michael, James, John, Joseph, William, Jacob, etc.... those are the names I think of as being "common" or "popular." I think the *aiden names were briefly trendy - but there are still no where near as many ppl walking around with those names than other names that have been top 10 names for like 100 years.

I personally love Jayden & Kayden/Caiden - and Braedyn/Hayden are ok too. I am not a fan of Aiden though.

If you are looking for something more unique check out the ssa baby name site and only look at names that rank like 400 or higher - or make up your own name.

I think they sound so popular because you can almost put any letter in front of the 'aiden' sound and have a good name.

Every baby here is either Liam or Kai.

I know Aydens (know a few of these), Caydens (even went to school with one in high school), Haydens (I know 2 over the age of 10), Jayden I see a lot with my job, and I know a Brayden that's in high school now :) I've worked childcare in recent years and combined with FB, recent popular names were Liam and forms of Colt imo. Being the unpopular name lover that I am, could never use any of these great names :(

Hmm...Maybe it's an American thing. I don't know, I'm just hell bent on finding a name that none of my facebook friends have used. I've got my girl name, I'm just struggling with the boy name! Maybe I just should wait until the gender scan to worry about it. haha

I'm in oxford it's exactly the same here!! Xx

It just seems to me like EVERYONE and their sister is naming their baby boy either Caeden, Jayden, Aiden, Braiden, ect.... Sadly I like these names, but would never pick them because I'm almost certain that come time for school, every kid will have practically the same name! Haha. I'm also determined to find a name that none of me friend/classmates/distance relatives have used. I've got my girl name, but the boy name is proving quite tricky! Anyone else having/noticing this issue?!

I'm a teacher and have noticed this trend. Very tired of all the -aiden names.

Yep, work in daycare and have seen plenty-we had 3 Aidens, a Jayden and a Hayden at one point, all between 1-5 years old. Same with Sophia, Amelia and Olivia + variations of. Around here this trend appears to be fading, my newer infants have quite the interesting names, probably because people were tired of hearing the trend a few years ago. I've heard Enzo, Nantai, Oliver, Davis recently but had 2 Kyles and 2 Owens and 2 Landons all in the infant room this last year. Go figure, try to stay away from trends but then you run into people trying to do the same lol.

I have found a lot of the -aiden names common especially at my sons school. But in his school year there is a lot of Oliver's, Alfie's and Harry's. With my daughters age range there is a lot of Amelia's, Lily's and Isabelle's. My daughter is called Isabel but she is named after my DHs grandma and was named before we started TTC x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->