Is it just me or is this two yolk sacs?

schneiderkm1

Reaction score
So the ultrasound tech labeled the small circle along the left edge a yolk sac. (6w2d) So what about the same looking circle on the opposite side just a hair higher? The ultrasound tech did a cheap job on the scan for me because it was an ER visit for bleeding, and she got called in from being on call! I wouldn’t be surprised if she missed anything#-o. Of course I’ll bring it up to my OB but curious to see what other people see. No rude or arrogant comments please, I like a good vibe.

Ok so Incase you can’t tell, the smaller black circle to the left is the part holding the yolk sac and possible other yolk sac. Not the bigger black blob on the right side.

View attachment 1065676

Last edited:
Okay I’m making a new thread with a more clear picture because this thread won’t let me add it

I could see 2 black circles. Im thinking gestational sacs. I cant see 2 yolk sacs though sorry. Things will be more clearer in your next scan hopefully

Can you show a pic of the whole thing? That could be 2 sacs or 1 with your ovary or something else.

I was thinking more about this:
There are two black blobs, the one on the left got labeled my gestational sac. BUT within that particular black blob, along the left edge is a small white ring, which got labeled yolk sac. So then I look at the edge going around that whole gestational sac, and I see another white ring just across from the “yolk sac” ring
I can get a zoomed out picture up but first it’s nap time! I don’t think the other black blob on the right is another gestational sac though..

Come to think of it i could see the two black gestational sacs and something in them although im not too sure.

Omg you guys I’m SO CONFUSED. Now that I get into the pics to share with you, the full view I’m thinking, “ok so what the heck is that big black spot though?” Like you guys said. And it’s not labeled anything else like ovary, it literally says uterus. I’m confused. This lady who did this is so bad at it I swear, she measured the heartbeat waves wrong! From start of one to not even beginning of the next one... like ummmm........ Anyway. I’m going to see about uploading these pictures and wonder what this could be as far as the black blob just to the right of my gestational sac.
PS I have an ultrasound with a professional on Monday so questions hopefully answered then but I’m so curious about this now..

Oh gosh it’s not letting me upload the pics let me see what I can do 8-[

Okay finally got them to upload. Apparently I had to crop them or they didn’t fit. So anyway, I hadn’t noticed the black blob next to my “gestational sac” until you mentioned it. I’m starting to think maybe that was just a shadow though? I’m so confused!

97145B21-F2DB-49C3-A9C7-7B6852BC6B6F.jpeg 699DEA59-734B-4231-9A5C-47A0508961F2.jpeg 6E199E2D-431D-4BCB-AE9A-B4211DF1AA82.jpeg DB38B4BF-BA2B-42D2-8DAB-1ECC3F178553.jpeg 370E7A23-B0B8-4E34-A4D5-452A8BA09792.jpeg

It's quite hard to work out for sure without knowing the exact position and angulation of the probe but I'd say the larger black areas are most likely to be your bladder. Not sure about the possible 2nd yolk sac, I tend to scan chests in my job! Hope you get some clearer answers on Monday

It's quite hard to work out for sure without knowing the exact position and angulation of the probe but I'd say the larger black areas are most likely to be your bladder. Not sure about the possible 2nd yolk sac, I tend to scan chests in my job! Hope you get some clearer answers on Monday

Ohhh yeah I forgot about the bladder! :laugh2: Could be!

It isn't the best quality for sure.
I am only seeing 1 yolk sac smack in the middle of the gestational sac on the left. Also thinking that is your bladder there on the right.

Hope you get more answers Monday and have loads to keep you busy and your mind from wandering until then

Yes the big black shape is probably your bladder, mine was always so full on the early scans it like overtook the whole screen lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->