• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it just me or.....

Elljo3

Expecting #4
Reaction score
I suppose this is just a rant to get to off my chest but it really winds me up.

When my partner is unwell he stays home from work but when I'm not well I have no choice but to keep on and look after the kids.

It just gets to me so much so needed to get it off my chest.

That would annoy me too, when I'm unwell DH looks after DS, the house etc and vice versa when he's ill. It shows a lack of respect otherwise.

yuppp my ex was like that. if he was ill he had 3 days off work, in bed, undisturbed... me however i had to carry on as normal with the flu so was on the sofa for 3 days trying to entertain LO & not be sick everywhere & then got told i was lazy as his dinner wasnt cooked :dohh:

my OH now is much more understanding!! i was ill last week, he took the morning off work so i could sleep & he did the housework & had LO etc then took LO to his mums for the afternoon while he went to work, came back home & ran me a bath, took care of LO & cooked dinner.

hope you feel better soon hun, i think most men are the same. xxx

Oh hang on you mean because you're a SAHM? Yeah that is tricky, one of the things people forget about with SAHMs, not really such a thing as a day off!! Does hubby help when he gets home though?

He does help after work but will be tired as will have been up and travelled from as early as 5am till 8pm.

Just gets to me so much as have no family around to help either

That's hard hun- could he just take a sick day to stay home and help? I can see if your OK enough, but if you can barely take care of yourself- then hubby should be able to stay home and help since you have no other family to do so... :hugs: I cannot imagine that last time LO got a tummy bug- which I then caught, I could barely move, let alone take care of her!

That's not fair :( my OH always helps me out if I'm unwell, I rarely get unwell but when I do it's normally bad and OH will let me rest in bed and like wise I do the same for him as I know when we're poorly and got kids its 10x harder running around whilst feeling like crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->