Is it likely I'll get pregant 1st time at 42

Corrina

Reaction score
Sometimes I think it's just not gonna happen to me even though I waited til I met the man of my dreams aged 35. been with him 7 years now, married for 3 and it's time for a baby. He has 2 daughters already but I have none.
I've never been majorly maternal until now.
We've been trying for some time but nothing has happened as yet. I'm wondering if I actually ovulate. How does one know for sure coz I've heard you can appear to be ovulating and in fact you are not. Thanks everyone.

Welcome and good luck first of all :hugs:

Sorry if this sounds simplistic you may know all this stuff....

There are many ways to detect if you are ovulating including using ovulation predictor kits, taking you basal body temperature and charting it daily, observing your cervical mucous/cervical position or possibly having CD21 progesterone levels done by your GP. If you have a regular cycle perhaps try charting your temperature using something like fertility friend and see if you get a sustained rise in temp around the same time you have other fertile signs such as egg white mucous and a high, soft and open cervix. I also use ovulation predictor kits to predict ovulation as when TTC I want to make sure we BD before ovulation, this gives you 24-36 hours notice.

If you want to know for definite I would certainly ask your GP to run a CD21 progesterone test for you.

Hope this may help :)

:wave:Hello and welcome I hope you get your :bfp:soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->