Is it normal to get LH surge before period?

Glowbug

Reaction score
Cd 18 positive opk
cd 19 tiny drop blood on toilet paper ( guessing ovulation bleed)
cd23 positive opk

Wow what's going on? Is it normal to get a pos opk around period due?

I have short cycles but am on progesterone cream and b6 trying to lengthen
also never had ovulation bleed before!
Please repond thanks!

i kept getting positive opks and i was pregnant...

Arielle!!!! Omg!! You're pregnant?? What!!!! Last time I talked to you you weren't! That's amazing. I'm happy for you!!! :) wow tell me everything?

Did you keep getting positive opks?

I can't believe how dark the opk test line is
but neg hpt I'm only about 7 dpo though
when did you get the pos opks!???

Congrats friend!!!

Anyone else please?
Is it normal to get positive opks right before period?

Ya! I'm about 7dpo... It's very bizzare as I'm quite certain I ovulated. I don't usually do opks before AF but the times I did they were NOT dark. Very light. But maybe my hormones are out of whack ;(

Hey hun, I had positive OPK's and i was pregnant.......... even before my bfp showed up! Good Luck x x

sounds like the opk's could be picking up pregnancy horones, i would wait a few days before testing again though Good luck kx

Hey hun, I had positive OPK's and i was pregnant.......... even before my bfp showed up! Good Luck x x

Wow that makes me feel good
cause the things I've read said you should have you bfp same time as positive opk so I thought ok then I'm out!! :(

can I ask how long you had the positive opks for before bfp?

Thank you so much :)

sounds like the opk's could be picking up pregnancy horones, i would wait a few days before testing again though Good luck kx

Thanks so much
I'm gonna try to not test anythin tommorrow :)

My OPK was definitely positive before i got a bfp. Basically I was using a clearblue fertility monitor and OPK's. The monitor just kept giving me high readings and then i got a peak 5 days before my period was due!!! My opk's were positve from about 5 or 6 days before my period was due too!! I had a negative pregnancy test and then 3 days later got my BFP!!! x x

That is so cool!!!! Congratsto you! Were you thinking? Ok I must be pregnant!!

I just hope I'm not getting my hopes up as perhaps my body didn't ovulate the first lh surge. But I had ovulation bleed. Hmm guess I'll know in a few days
happy to know you got positives for a few days before bfp!

Thanks soooo much for answering :)

if the pregnancy test is negative then it's not the pregnancy hormones that OPKs pick.
I did have some pos. OPK before periods. Hope it's not the case for you and you'll get a BFP. :flower:

Yeah i found it really odd as never had positive OPK's before my period was due, so when i kept getting them and then a peak on my monitor i knew it wasnt ovulation and a few days later i got my BFP!! good luck honey :) x x

I appreciate that :) I'll def let you know :) thank you!

I have the same thing happening now! Let me know what happens. I had a positive OPK on the 26th then got a positive OPK 7, 8, 9 DPO. My AF is due the 7th :( I hope it does not come! Best wishes to you!

Got AF today. Heartbroken. Still have positive opk :(

Oh no hun..... is it definitely AF and not implantation????? Were you due today? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->