Is it normal to have a weird period after mc?

Mon_n_john

Reaction score
Quick question ladies, I just had an early mc last month and this is my first "real" period since then. It just started today and it is soooo weird. Not the bright red I am used to, more like (sorry, TMI) old, brown, clotty blood. Is that normal?

I was actually rather surprised that I didn't get pregnant this month as the time I got pregnant last DH and I didn't even BD all the way (used the pull out method) and I still got pregnant. Yet this month we BD like CRAZY and no pregnancy. (I get pregnant very easily usually, just can't seem to stay pregnant :wacko:)

Now with this weird period I'm wondering if it's just because the lining of my womb wasn't ready. Any thoughts? I've never had a period like this.

I have the problem of not being able to stay prego and got an hsg today. Revealing I have a slight bicornate uterus. I posted a thread "hsg today..." and put a pic of it there. Anyhow after my miscarriages I think they started dark blood and turned more red (the period after..). Also cramped more :-/ so sorry for your loss

sometimes the first cycle after mc you don't ovulate,so thats maybe why you didn't get pregnant straight away, and yes periods are very weird after mc some times longer, sometimes longer, lighter, heavier, clotty etc. if it doesn't turn into red blood this period or next go get urself checked out. But I wouldn't worry too much at the moment

Thank you ladies. My period seems to have corrected itself now and appears normal. Thank God.

Luckily I do know I am ovulating since I went in for a check-up 12 days after my MC and my RE did a vaginal ultrasound and commented I had just ovulated.

Thank you both, I feel better now. I have some immune issues I'm being tested for in a week and hpefully we'll get some answers from that or at least cross something else off our list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->