Is it normal?

Jewels

Wife & Aussie Mommy!
Reaction score
Hey girls, hope all is well!

As I'm getting closer to the end of my last BCP pack, my mind has started to race about pregancy / kids and everything that goes along with it. It's starting to become more real! Which is good, but scary in a way.

Right now it's just DH, me and our Aussie. I've been thinking about how a baby will change our lives and how it won't just be the two of us (and doggie) anymore. Do you ever think you'll miss it just being the two of you when LO is born? Is it normal to feel this way?

As I'm getting closer to the end of my last BCP pack, my mind has started to race about pregancy / kids and everything that goes along with it. It's starting to become more real! Which is good, but scary in a way.

Right now it's just DH, me and our Aussie. I've been thinking about how a baby will change our lives and how it won't just be the two of us (and doggie) anymore. Do you ever think you'll miss it just being the two of you when LO is born? Is it normal to feel this way?

Yes, I think it's completely normal to feel this way! I've often wondered what it would feel like too after LO is born. Like right now I come home from work and go on the computer and play games and watch sitcoms with our little doggie on our laps. So, I think how that won't be possible once LO comes along. Because I'm so anxious for a :baby: right now, I'm using this time to really enjoy my "my" and "our" time.

Yes, I think it's completely normal to feel this way! I've often wondered what it would feel like too after LO is born. Like right now I come home from work and go on the computer and play games and watch sitcoms with our little doggie on our laps. So, I think how that won't be possible once LO comes along. Because I'm so anxious for a :baby: right now, I'm using this time to really enjoy my "my" and "our" time.

Thanks Chris! I'm happy someone else feels this way too. It's funny because my hubby and I are the same way! After work I usually take our dog on her walk, come home and we just either play games, or watch tv together. It's definitely going to be different because I'm going to have to work much harder for "me" and "us" time!

Absolutely! I was actually a little bit worried about that becaue I LOVE LOVE LOVE my "me" time. I mean at first it'll be great the novelty of a new baby and all but at some point that novelty will wear off and I'll be pulling my hair out wishing I didn't wish this "quiet" time away quite so fast. :rofl: Such a vicious cycle!

Yes it really is! I just want to have my cake and eat it too! I guess we'll just have to do our best to make time for ourselves and couple time, and it will all work out great!

yeah me too! Alright I'm leaving now. I'll be home in an hour though and will log back in to keep you company!

Aww you're so sweet you really don't have to do that! :hugs:

Hi Jewels, sorry I missed you! I had to feed the dogs when I got home and decide what to order for dinner. I hope you're on your way home!

Oh no worries! I logged out for a few because I had some work come up! Only 40 more minutes, then I'll be done with work! :happydance:

Oh it's absolutely normal to feel that way, hun! It's good that you're being realistic about how a baby will affect your lives and preparing yourself fully for those changes :)

You'll be amazed how you soon adapt to life as a 'family' rather than a couple, though. Having said that, it is important to find time for 'just the two of you' when baby comes along, which is difficult but important - you will figure that all out as you go along! You'll be a great mama, Jewels. Not long to go now, Good luck for your :bfp:!! :D

Thanks so much Tash! It's relieving to hear that it's a normal concern! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->