Is it ok to eat turkey and gammon that I cooked Saturday night...

porkypig

Reaction score
has been covered but wasnt in the fridge?? x

I wouldnt risk it cos if its left out bacteria will grow so fast! I worked in catering so am a freak when it comes to cleaning and hygiene. Also your ticker says your growing a baba so Id be careful there too. I wouldnt risk a sickness bug or food poisoning:wacko: I had food poisoning at last xmas when I was 20 wks pregnant and suffered.

ok thanksx I dont know why the hell i didnt put it in the fridge, baby brain i think. x

I would if it smelt ok, but as you're pregnant then I will say it is a big no no! Not worth the risk.

Prob not as your pregnant but I would otherwise (cos I always forget food out :dohh:)

Nope definately not as not been in fridge - I wouldn't eat it pregnant or not. Food should be frozen/refridgerated within two hours else bacteria starts growing on it big time (I can't remember where but I literally read an article on it the other day)

Nope. Not if it's not been in the fridge...quicker it's cooled, the slower any dodgy bacteria can grow. Definitely not worth it with a baba :hugs: I left some casserole out the other day, and nearly cried, I was so looking forward to it...had to chuck it!

Nope. Not if it's not been in the fridge...quicker it's cooled, the slower any dodgy bacteria can grow. Definitely not worth it with a baba :hugs: I left some casserole out the other day, and nearly cried, I was so looking forward to it...had to chuck it!

I feel your pain! When I returned to work full time after my first I used to have to mass bake dinners to freeze and on one occasion did a huge shepherds pie, a chilli and I think something else...I went to bed knackered with morning sickness from youngest and asked OH to put it all in freezer for me...he forgot and I seriously could have killed him when I got up the next morning and saw it sitting there still on the side :grr:

I binned it, a shame but not worth the risk xx

I have to train people for their health and safety certificates for working with food and I would have had a field day with that one :)
Nope not worth the risk at all, room temp is the main breading temp for bacteria so in that 48 hours you have the potential to have millions of bacteria on that food.

definitely wasn't worth the risk with being pregnant, but I most probably would of if it smelt ok, we always forget to put things in the fridge:dohh:

definitely wasn't worth the risk with being pregnant, but I most probably would of if it smelt ok, we always forget to put things in the fridge:dohh:

Most bacteria that causes illness doesnt change the smell or colour of food.

Most bacteria that causes illness doesnt change the smell or colour of food.

oh I know that, I'd never give it to LO but I've never got ill from anything that's been left out *touch wood* not that i'd leave diary stuff out that long anyways then I would expect to get ill:haha:

"If in doubt; throw it out"

Or make your OH try it first :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"