Is it ok to get pregnant straight after a mc?

babygirlhall

Mummy to Josh and Maisie
Reaction score
Is it ok to get pregnant straight after a mc? Its been 2wks since i found out about my mmc, bleeding has now stopped and dh and i have felt ready to bd. I have irregular cycles so dont even know if i will O on my own (conceived on clomid last time) but if i do and it catches is it ok? Its more than likely i wont cos of my crappy body but just wanted to see what you ladies thought?
Thanks everyone :hugs:
xx

I am in the same boat as you, tried for 3 years and conceived on the second round of Clomid. I am 3 days into my m/c, and we are wanting to try again asap. I have heard that you can get pregnant around 14 days after a m/c, but I am just praying I will be able to w/o the Clomid this time :)

Hi hun,
I have read that your super fertile after mc (know everyone is different) and am interested to see what my body does. I conceived on my second clomid cycle so i think if my body does not do it naturally the clomid will hopefully work again.
Praying for a sticky bean next time.
Sorry about your loss, its not easy is it :hugs:
xx

Let's hope and pray that is the case for us then :) I am hoping that we just happen to be fertile and able to conceive on or own! Have you started tracking with opk's yet? I plan to when the bleeding stops.

Hi,
we started ttc after mc when the bleeding stopped.i've heard you are extra fertile after mc so as long as there is no medical reason not to then i don't see any harm in trying straight away,one of my good friends fell pregnant a few weeks after her mc last year and now has a healthy bouncing baby boy. good luck.xxx.

I've also heard theres no problems conceiving straight after a MC ... We've got our fingerscross for this month but not getting hopes up and just going with the flow :)

I know they normally advise to wait atleast one AF but I think that is generally for dating and to get your body back to normal somewhat. But I say go for it :D hehe.

Good Luck Hun xx

I conceived my rainbow baby 3 weeks after my son was stillborn at 36+2 weeks and hes here now and 8 months old :) good luck ladies xxx

I just went to my gp and he told me that its ok to concieve right away, and as a pp stated they like you to wait one cycle for dating purposes, but they can always find out via ultrasound anyway! Its been a month since I had my mmc and my levels are finally down to the teens, and we have been bd'ing like bunnies lol so Im keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck ladies

my dr recommended waiting a few cycles but only for me emotionally, I just want to be pg again so ignored that as it wasn't a medical reason she just suggested. we have been ntnp just when we feel like it a couple of times a week. i haven't read anything that sayd it's bad especially if everything was removed or passed and ur feeling ok I'd say go for it. I have also heard ur more fertile afetr mc hope so I want a bfp before af!!! Good luck ladies

The main reason for waiting for AF is so its easier to date the pregnancy but a scan can easily resolve that.

The way to look at it is if your body wasnt ready to carry another baby then you wouldnt conceive :hugs:

xxx

Let's hope and pray that is the case for us then :) I am hoping that we just happen to be fertile and able to conceive on or own! Have you started tracking with opk's yet? I plan to when the bleeding stops.

No not yet, i think im going to just go with the flow for a few weeks and see what happens. I have some opk's ready to go incase i get the feeling something is happening.
Hope we both get what we want :hugs:
xx

I have been trying to find information on if it was ok to conceive directly after miscarriage and i haven't found anything to discourage it so I am trying to conceive asap. I am so glad i am not alone in this. I miss the baby that i lost but it only makes me want to be pregnant again more. Good luck to all of you ladies and fxed for those BFPs! :)

Hi Ladies

I've wondered this too. Docs told me to wait for one AF but that is for dating purposes, don't think there's any harm if you fall pregnant before AF.

We are not trying until after first AF though but we are not preventing either :haha: We have only DTD a couple of times so far though since my bleeding stopped so doubt anything could catch this month. But I did feel like I was ov'ing last week and it was during that week we :sex: twice! So you never know!!

Good luck ladies x

I think the general concensus is yes it is. There are some docs who recon you need to wait a few cycles for hormone levels to go back to normal but it's these extra hormones which I guess also make you more fertile.

We have gone straight back to trying, the whole hog, ferility monitor, preseed and I'll be using progesterone cream after I ovulate. Interesting, the first few tests on my monitor showed the lowest estrogen I've ever had, I was thinking, so much for increased fertility!! but it went back up really suddenly. I'm now getting highs only a couple of days later than where I did with a normal cycle after af!!

Although I only knew I was pregnant for 2 & half weeks I absolutely loved it and can't wait to be pregnant again, it took us 8 months to get our bfp last time, I so hope it'll be quicker this time.

Good luck xx

Hi! Just popping in. DH and I mc twins Christmas Day, 2 days later my hCG was already back to normal and we started TTC right way. I had no period and no signs of O'ing, was doing daily hpts and NOTHING. So I was about to give up and have my period induced when I found out I was pregnant. So far so good, had to be on progesterone supplements until 13 weeks due to low progesterone levels but I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday. Good luck!

I just got home from an appointment with my obgyn, he said that I had the okay to start trying as soon as I stop bleeding :) He said in some cases, women do generally fall pregnant very quickly after a m/c...but since I used Clomid to ovulate, that I may have to wait until my first cycle and start that process again. He went ahead and wrote me out another script for Clomid 50mg since it worked for me last time, and told me that as soon as I get another BFP that he was going to have me start taking Crinone gel daily for my low progesterone levels. I am excited to see if this does the trick! Good luck ladies!

I just got home from an appointment with my obgyn, he said that I had the okay to start trying as soon as I stop bleeding :) He said in some cases, women do generally fall pregnant very quickly after a m/c...but since I used Clomid to ovulate, that I may have to wait until my first cycle and start that process again. He went ahead and wrote me out another script for Clomid 50mg since it worked for me last time, and told me that as soon as I get another BFP that he was going to have me start taking Crinone gel daily for my low progesterone levels. I am excited to see if this does the trick! Good luck ladies!

Thats great hun, fingers crossed you will get your bfp very soon.
Good luck :thumbup:
xx

Good luck, everyone. We're TTC right away, hoping we'll get a BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->