Is it ok to give a 7-month old...

magicvw

Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
Marmite? I have been giving him marmite soldiers but hubby is concerned that the salt content is too high???

Walnuts? I have tonnes of them from my mum's garden. I know peanuts are not allowed, but what about walnuts? They have tonnes of goodness in them??? (Obviously I not going to give him a whole nut to munch on, but could I use them in other stuff?)

THanks!

Hi, I am in the early stages of weaning and not too clued up yet! However, the Anabel Karmel book, and the info from my HV both say no nuts at all at this stage. I would also be inclined to agree with your husband about the marmite - I would imagine there are a lot of additives in it as well as salt....

Marmite is fine as long as it is spread thinly and not given too often. Although it is quite high in salt, it also contains lots of great nutrients, so it's good in moderation.

Most sources seem to suggest waiting until 12 months to introduce walnuts.

Marmite is fine as long as it's just a small bit every now and then. I don't see a problem with walnuts in cooking etc unless there's a history of allergies in the family, we've been using all kinds of nuts in our dinners.

In my opinion Marmite is too high in salt for 7m old baby. There will be lot`s of moments in your baby life to give him salt.

Thanks ladies!

I will carry on with marmite I think - he only has a tiny amount of it and it is so thin it's barely there.

The walnuts can wait I guess. We don't have a history of allergies, but we do have a shit health care system over here, in if he did have a big allergic reaction I wouldn't feel confident that the care would be adequate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->