Is it ok to go to theme parks?

jess181989

Reaction score
Well of course its ok to go to them, but is it a bad idea to go on the big rollercoasters and upside down rides? I've had a trip planned for months for a friends hen do and can't really back out now. Depending on your answers I may do a lot of watching hehe. I am normally right at the front of the biggest rides raring to go!

:D x

yes they can cause miscarriage please be careful

I wouldnt do it personally. I wouldnt even go on the rapids at center parcs at 6 weeks pregnant. I think if anything was to happen after going on something like that I would feel terrible. I dont how much danger it proposes to the baby though so mayve others would be able to shed some light. x

as someone who always reads safety warnings, i know every single 'big' ride says not suitable for pregnant ladies
something to do with how they stop and start a lot, can cause a placental abruption a quick google tells me xx

The rides you can't/shouldn't ride well have warnings on them. Unfortunately rollercoasters and upside rises are one of them sorry. The tamer ones should be ok though ie the slow moving up and down rides kiddy rides hehe

Yea, it's normally advised that you don't as there's been links with rollercoasters and placental abruptions or something to that affect. I personally wouldn't risk it (gutted tho as was gonna go Alton Towers for my birthday :[ )

i went to alton towers last week and all rides that are not safe say so. i just sat on the benches and watched DH. its just using common sense, anything too jerky or with force avoid, if your not sure just ask. if you can go on some rides, the attendent can make the restraints not go on your tummy area (they did for me, infact i was really impressed with them all). i did manage to go on a chair lift and a little ride lol. also i could stand in the que with him so i wasent totally left out lol.
our trip was planned for months, but remember its worth it in the end :)

They all have signs saying pregnant women are not allowed to ride, so no it's definitely not a good idea.

Does your friend know you're pregnant?? If so she won't have a problem as you're not allowed on the big rides, so you can be the handbag minder while they go on them! Gives you a chance to sit down and rest as well, as even when not pregnant, theme parks tire out your legs and feet from all the standing/walking.

It's a big no no :nope: I went to Alton towers for 2 day few weeks ago and was really looking forward to it but since our news I did not go on anything.Small thing to sacrifice for something so wonderful!

Im going alton towers in a few weeks ill be 14 weeks... we won it as part of a work incentive thing... i no im gunna be sat down most of the day but im going just for the day out... maybe go on the teacups...

U can't even go on the tea cups ( well barrels) there is a sign. I went on the skyride that gets u from place to place that's it. It was a good day out still

serious... im gutted... well im in for a great blooming day lol

Lol! I was disappointed that I could not go on the pirate ship with jack, we usually love it and he kept asking why mammy? Said I had a poorly belly :( lol x

Yep. I'm going to Disneyland in July/Aug and I'll be sitting out the "big" rides. Thankfully...most of the rides there are made for families so I won't miss out on much!

Right okey dokey, thanks ladies- looks like I'll be playing bag lady. All the people going know I'm pregnant so it shouldn't be an issue. :) It should still be a good day out- I always find thorpe park to be quite atmospheric hehe xx

yer me and my husband went free to dreamworld with his work and i was 11 weeks so couldnt go on anyhting..went on the log ride as that was the only one that the guys running it said was safe ..no sudden starting and stopping

Def no no Im sorry to say. You really dont want to risk it.

I keep saying we should go to a theme park because i actually have an excuse not to ride those scary rides, i hate them lol!

I really wouldn't go on them myself personally. I would think it is not recommended. If anything *did* happen after you would never forgive yourself xx

When i was 5 weeks pregnant I planned to go theme park with my mum bro and daughter buts its really expensive and i didnt remember i was pregnant till i went to get money out bank lol so we didnt go i didnt want to take the risk

I definately wouldnt, I was scared to even go over speedbumps when I was first pregnant with my son :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->