Is it ok to tell a man he is fat?

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
We all know its bad manners to say to a woman ' wow u have put on weight' but what about a man? Reason im asking is my DH has put on weight the last couple years but isnt fat as such yet people seem to find it acceptable to comment on it and make fun of him.....his mum does it, his friends ( both male and female) say stuff. I think its rude. They wouldnt dream of saying it if he was female.......so debate away.....is it wrong / rude to comment on a mans weight in a derogatary way?

I don't think it's anyone's place to make comment on any persons weight Tbh :flow: some people have no sense of what is appropriate.

Male or female I don't think it's right to tell anyone they are fat. If someone asked me do you think I've put weight on and wanted a dead honest answer then I would tell them the truth as I'd want the same done for me iykwim. Xx

I think the same as you, it is completely rude and uncalled for.

I wouldn't be very happy if someone commented on my OH's weight, I grew up with a grandma who wasconstantly pointing out my weight issues and it made my confidence suffer in the end. Male or female the effects are the same :(

A old friend of OH's used to take the piss out of OH because of his size so everytime he said something to OH I would point out how big his ears were and how ugly he was. He soon stopped

I don't think it's right to comment on anybody's size.

Most people who have weight issues know they do so why make them a figure of fun?!

It now seems to be socially acceptable to berate people about their size, how 'orange' they are, how much money they earn etc etc.

TBH if people spend more time concentrating of their own lives instead of picking fault in other peoples, this world would be a much happier place and a lot less anxious people out there!

V xxx

i've thought this myself before! my male friends are always taking the pee out of each other when one of them gets abit "porky" lol and also when my hubby puts on abit of weight every now and then his family ALWAYS comment on it!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->