Is it ok to try to have another baby after a sids death?

gueyilla1985

Reaction score
My baby boy passed away 18 july and me and my hubby have been trying to have another baby, but im scared that if i tell people that im trying again they will look at me in a bad way. I feel as if they think im trying to replace my baby which has never crossed my mind. I will always love and miss him. what do you guys think. I really need a friend right now.

I am very sorry for your loss, big hugs to you. I dont think you should feel guilty at all, you have love to give and want to bring a child into the world, no one should be condoned for that. anyone who gives you stick for it doesnt deserve to call themselves your friend x

I meant condemned not condoned! sorry :)

physically its alright to try when you want but mentally make sure you are ready, maybe contact your doctor to get extra care and help although many sids deaths could not be prevented its nice to be under the care of someone who cares, i am sooooo deeply sorry this has happened to you and the loss of your beautiful little one my thoughts and prayers are with you. i really hope you get :bfp: soon and make sure mentally you are able to cope with whatever comes your way hun xxx

I think that mentally i ready, i want to be a mommy again. Ive been going to a therapist and she told me that a sids death is very rearly happen to the same family twice. when she told me this i cried. i was so scared that it could happen again to me. I thank you for your support

yes it is very rare to suffer more than one SID's death which can be a comfort but doesn't take away the fear, is she going to be helping you through future pregnancies?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think if you are ready there is no need to feel guilty.

You are so brave I send you much love and prayers xxx

She is gonna help me until i think im ready to let her go. I feel that if i get another :baby: i will be so happy. i want another sooo. bad. I have 2 other girls 7 and 3 but i was in the army and i didnt get to spend time with them. the loss of my son was so devastating cause i wanted to get out and spend time with him, but to me he was perfect and i think god wanted his angel back.

:hugs::hugs: so sorry hunx

who cares wot people think / feel its ur life and uv got2live it x

I think that too. but at the same time i want this baby more than anything

I hope that my angel is helping me this month!. i miss him so much

So sorry for your loss...I can't even imagine...

I agree with everyone else...if you are ready physically and emotionally then don't let other people bother you. This is a personal decision between you and your OH. Obviously you both want a family then you have to try and have one.

:dust:

I'm with grandbleu 100%. Why anyone would want to deny you happiness is beyond me. :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss and I really hope you get your :bfp: soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->