is it possible I am not ovulating?

Ragdoll00

Reaction score
* I already posted this on the 2 week wait thread; however adding some information... please help.
"Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and finally decided to seek some guidance. I have an 11 month son (he was born in December 2015). I stopped breastfeeding when he was 4 months. however I still do not have regular cycles. in fact my cycles are almost non-extistent. I had a period in august, then nothing, I had blood work done and the doc said nothing seemed abnormal however because she knows I want to try to have a second baby she put me on a 5 day course of progesterone. I completed this and had a super light period for only 3 days. I then tracked my ovulation and when I was peak fertile I did the deed a few times and not here I am on day 34 of my cycle with no period and a negative pregnancy test. I am wondering if my body had a LH surge but then never ovulated? I was on BC for about 6 years. so I do not really know how long my cycles are. I did not have any trouble getting pregnant with my son. one month off BC I was preggo. I am trying not to panic but I am in my 30s so I am starting to feel the pressure. any suggestions? I am nervous too that if I call my doc they will just tell me to wait because I am only on day 34....

according to clearblue digital advance. I was peak fertile (solid smile face) on day 22 (November 1). me and my husband did the deed 10/31, 11/1, 11/2. so today is day 13 DPO I believe and no period, and negative preg test...

I was having this trouble after one of my miscarriages. For some reason it took months for my periods to return to normal and ovulate again. I would get a postive opk for only a day, we would dtd and still nothing. I had both bloodwork and an ultrasound done to see whether or not I was ovulating and whether anything else looked abnormal. Both showed nothing out of the ordinary. I know some ladies have to get trigger shots in order to make their bodies ovulate. My doctor was going to offer me the fertility med Clomid but luckily I ovulated the cycle I had the ultrasound. I'm not sure why your doctor would put you on progesterone. Progesterone is in birth control and would make you have a harder time getting pregnant. Maybe consider switching doctors, going to one that will look more into it?

Progesterone is used commonly to jump start cycles where the body stalls and doesn't start a period like normal. I have taken progesterone to help my cycle start a TON of times. It's a totally normal prescription. So I wouldn't worry about that.

The reason the progesterone works is it helps your body simulate a normal luteal phase. Typical after ovulation your progesterone levels rise drastically to help your body prepare to be pregnant. When you aren't pregnant at the end of the luteal phase your progesterone level drops and that signals your body to have a period and shed your lining and start a new cycle. If you get pregnant then your progesterone levels keep raising to support the new little bean. How progesterone helps when you aren't having a cycle like you should is by mimicking the luteal phase. You take a high level dose of progesterone for 5-10 days and then stop which tells your body to have a period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->