Is it possible to get a defective Nuvaring? O pains!!

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Need opinions ladies... So Nuvaring is my BC and I've used it since boys were born (16 months almost ). Used to put it in 3 weeks. Take it out and leave it Out a week. Put New one back in for 3 weeks and just continue that pattern . Bout 5-6 months ago I started leaving it in 3-4 weeks taking it out putting new one right back in so no period. Might spot a random day or so of brown a day or two before I was sposta change it but once new one in spotting stopped within 24 hrs. This month did same thing spotted 4-5 days before changing it put new one right back in and it got worse! Turned rusty red and brown but never period flow just enough for one thin pad and did that for about 5-6 days if not longer then brown again and then stopped Thursday. Then hubby and I did the :babydance: friday night...and then not even kidding...Saturday it started back again!!! just brown and not alot but still..WTF?!?! and then today.....throbbing ovulation pains on my back on the left side...so is it possible I got a defective ring or something? I store them in the fridge but we order them from Xpress Scripts and they get sent in the mail...so who knows if maybe it was left in the heat or something?

I have never used nuvaring but I can remember having weird bleeding when I would take my BCP without skipping a week. Unlike the pill though the ring would gradually decrease how much hormone is in it especially after 3 weeks so in the 4th week you may not be getting the same level in your bloodstream hence the wacky bleeding.

Is the prescription just in regular mail or through a courier? I would hope the company has safeguards in place to ensure meds are stored at the correct temps in transit but maybe they don't. Medications certainly can have a decrease in efficacy if too hot or cold for an extended period.

Lastly, as much as we'd like to believe it, no birth control is 100% so you certainly could've ovulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->