is it possible to get PND 7 and a half months after having a baby?

Chloe.E

Reaction score
Lately, I find myself stressing, and shouting at Jesse. He annoys me, I just wish I could put him in his cot and leave him there, it's usually at bedtime, or when he's woken up. I just wish someone would take him for the day and let me do nothing at all, sleep ect. I feel so guilty for shouting at him, right now I am nearly in tears because I'm so stressed. He's woke up twice already, and refusing to go back to sleep, scratching me and headbutting me.
I have a history of depression too.
All I want to do is sleep all the time, I get extremely stressed over nothing, I hardly eat and I'm never hungry and I can't sleep 'til 3-4am.
I want to go to the doctors, but I don't want to admit to my Mum that I'm not coping:(
I love my son to pieces, and I feel so bad. But I don't think I can do this:'(

hey, sorry to hear you're not feeling s good right now.
yes, it could be pnd as it can come on anytime during the first year.
I know how it feels not wanting to admit you're not coping but it's not your fault, it's those bloody hormones again! there is help and support available so please bite the bullet and see the dr.
It may seem that other people are coping fine, but they're not necessarily, some are just very good at hiding it!

I have a counciller, do I tell her to?

Lately, I find myself stressing, and shouting at Jesse. He annoys me, I just wish I could put him in his cot and leave him there, it's usually at bedtime, or when he's woken up. I just wish someone would take him for the day and let me do nothing at all, sleep ect. I feel so guilty for shouting at him, right now I am nearly in tears because I'm so stressed. He's woke up twice already, and refusing to go back to sleep, scratching me and headbutting me.
I have a history of depression too.
All I want to do is sleep all the time, I get extremely stressed over nothing, I hardly eat and I'm never hungry and I can't sleep 'til 3-4am.
I want to go to the doctors, but I don't want to admit to my Mum that I'm not coping:(
I love my son to pieces, and I feel so bad. But I don't think I can do this:'(

Well done for admitting it and thinking about getting help, you're being very brave, you don't need to do this by yourself. :hugs:

Absolutely. I had pnd with my first and it didn't start until he was about 8 months. I think alot of it contributed to being with him 24/7 ( I worked full time previous to having him) and having next to no adult interaction during the day.
Please talk to someone about it, I had a lovely Hv who came to see me at home and she helped alot.
Do you get out and about every so often? I find the more I got out with ds2 the easier the depression was to fend off this time round. Sometimes I had to force myself but once I did, I felt better for it.
Hope you can get yourself sorted soon x x x

I know it will be difficult to talk to your Mum about things- but at the end of the day you are her daughter. Think about when your son turns 16- how would you feel if he felt he couldn't talk to you about these things? Parents are forever on a learning curve- she loves you and she wants to protect you- and she will try and guide you with what knowledge and experience she has in life. Tell her- i'm sure you will feel better about it.

If you already have a counsellor then you definitely need to tell them so they can help you- if you don't they will assume you are coping and you will loose them as a lifeline. Again- they are there to support you but they can't do that if you don't tell them what is wrong. Your wasting peoples time (and money) by going to someone if you won't tell them what your problems are. You don't just go to a counsellor to sit and admire the view- you go there to talk about your problems and it won't be anything they haven't heard a million times before.

It's hard being a young mum. I'm 16 myself and I have a 11 month old and I am nearly 8 months pregnant. But there is no reason as to why you need to suffer in silence for whatever reason your thinking its the best choice.

I don't go out much as I suffer with anxiety and aggraphobia too. Which is why I have a counciller.

Thank you all. So much:)

Update - I have been to the doctors today, he has told me to ask my Mum and OH for extra help and support as I 'do too much'
Surely, feeding, bathing, changing ect. my son is normal? How would this be causing pnd?
Anyway, he is phoning a health visitor and he wants me to see him again at the end of next week.
Thank you ladies x

well done for that, I hope you get the support you need.
don't feel bad about it either, we all need a little extra help sometimes then when you're feeling better you can do it all yourself.
one step at a time, there's no rush!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->