Is it possible to have a slow leak and no contractions?

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
So this whole thread is tmi. Just a warning.

I woke up the other day after DTD and my panties were crazy wet. Like, soaked.
I figured it was from the previous nights excursions and sweating and didnt think too much of it.
But then I've had ..eh.. wetness and discharge every day since and even a few times where it went down my leg.
Again, i thought maybe it's semen or cm or whatever. Surely i would have contractions if my waters were leaking, right??

But then earlier i kinda fell down the stairs and when i did i had to go to the bathroom because i felt a small gush and it wasnt sticky. It was watery.

So anyway, i bought some pads finally and It's been slowly getting wet but i dont feel anything.
Ive had the occasional BH but that's nothing new so idk what to think. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Maybe im jusy wetting myself? Im jusy really confused. With both of my previous pregnancies my water had to be broke for me and this whole pregnancy has been weird.

Last i knew i was already dilated to a 3. I have a doc appt tomorrow so I'll know more then but in the meantime, any thoughts?

Yes that's how I started had to go in as they worry about infection mine were my fore waters they gave me 24 hours to see if I cud start myself but didn't so on the 24ark they broke my hind waters Anna-grace born 69 mins later lol make note of when and what time you started leaking cause if it is your waters they will need to know keep is updated and good luck. Xxx

With my first child my waters broke and i didn't get contractions until nearly 12 hrs later. The only way you can be sure if is you get it tested.
I also woke up with my bottoms soaked, i thought i had wet myself until I noticed I was continuously dripping. I went to the hospital and they confirmed it was my waters.
good luck x

Doc appt went well. Said I've dilated maybe another cm so im "almost 4cms" now and LO has engaged and is super low.

He claimed there is no test he can do to find out if my waters are leaking so i wouod have to go into the hospital if i wanted to find out but not to worry because it's highly unlikely if I'm not having contractions by now..

I dont really like my doc but it's too late to switch now. He just seems like an idiot. He didnt know what spd is and seemed to not understand using litmus paper to check for amniotic fluid.

Smh. Anyway, i started taking epo today so hopefully i can have this kid soon and stop having to see him dumb ass.

Mmmmmm what a crock of shit ! Mine went and didn't have any contractions not a one ! Can't you ring labour and delivery and see a midwife make sure it's not your water it's soooo operant you know as it's dangerous for you and baby to go to long with them gone ! I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital ! Xxx

With my first 2 children my waters broke first before any contractions, my first it was 24hrs before contractions started. just watch how much fluid you are losing and drink plenty. I would get checked out properly if I was you , as you have a risk of infection once your waters have broken x

Y hind waters went and I had n contractions I'd to be started 12 hours later you need to go in get them checked out u don't want a dry birth

Mmmmmm what a crock of shit ! Mine went and didn't have any contractions not a one ! Can't you ring labour and delivery and see a midwife make sure it's not your water it's soooo operant you know as it's dangerous for you and baby to go to long with them gone ! I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital ! Xxx

We dont have midwifes and l&d like that here.

I dunno. Anyway, i think it's stopped and was just discharge or urine so he was prob right but his lack of care is still really annoying.

He also unfortunately has largish hands and so every time he checks my cervix it really hurts. I know he cant help thay but my old OB, while he was an old coot, was somehow a lot more gentle.

Bah. Too late to change again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"