Is it possible to have 'back labour' and bubs not back to back?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Always wondered this, anyone know?

My bubs isnt back to back but have been getting lots of lower back cramps..

I've been having a lot too, now progressed to lower.abdomen. but my baby is in perfect position not back.

Most of my pains were in my lower back, so I think that's normal and not necessarily the baby back to back.

I don't really know for sure but I woke up last night with back pain. It felt like period cramps.

I keep getting back pain that then progresses onto cramps in lower tummy like period pains, doesnt mount to much but my little man is def not back to back

I had back labor and my daughter wasn't back to back.

Doesn't mean the babys back to back it's more the pains you experience and where they are. I had back labour with my son In the first part of it, felt like the kidney pains you get when your on a period for me, strangely no pains on my tummy at all so wasn't sure if I was in labour or not. Midwife said I was 4 cm so definatly the real deal. All changed when I had my waters broke, the tummy contractions were so intense... Epidural was howled for on the following contractions!!

I had a back labour with my son and he wasn't back to back, his head was in the wrong position though so that could have caused it. x x x

I had NO pain in my bump. It was all in my back and bum. Sofia wasn't back to back... x

My mum said she only ever had back labour with all 4 children and none of us were back to back. I think its less common but does happen x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->